• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In the last 15 years...

My older brother is a Jets fan who still remembers Super Bowl III.

I complain about the Panthers, and he says, "I'd take the past 20 years of being a Panther fan over being a Jets fan."

I guess so. But 10 years from now? We'll see.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, djp14 said:

My older brother is a Jets fan who still remembers Super Bowl III.

I complain about the Panthers, and he says, "I'd take the past 20 years of being a Panther fan over being a Jets fan."

I guess so. But 10 years from now? We'll see.

I mean to be fair he has a point, the Jets have the longest current streak of a playoff drought in the 5 major US Sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS). The last time they made it was the same year we started Jimmy Clausen at QB and Cam was winning a Heisman at Auburn. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, X-Clown said:

I mean to be fair he has a point, the Jets have the longest current streak of a playoff drought in the 5 major US Sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS). The last time they made it was the same year we started Jimmy Clausen at QB and Cam was winning a Heisman at Auburn. 

2015 alone is better than any season Jets fans have experienced since 1968.

32 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Oh Lordy we’ve reached “at least we aren’t the Jets” territory. This is close to rock bottom lol

You didn't think a 2-win season where the HC was fired mid-season, the owner threw a drink on a fan on camera, our QB had one of the worst seasons statistically in history, and we went into the offseason without the #1 overall pick or any 1st rounder was rock bottom?  Love the optimism 

It blows my mind the Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since 2000

Raiders and Commanders kinda make sense because you know how bad their ownership was for so long.  But how haven't the Dolphins just lucked into a playoff win by now?

I mean think about how rough it has been these last 9 years for us.  And that still doesn't come close to the length of time it has been since Dolphins last playoff win.  

Edited by Mage

Patriots for a long time, Miami can’t play in January up north in January and couldn’t get home field was my impression without researching each season.

so if they did get a wild card it was tough

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

It blows my mind the Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since 2000

Raiders and Commanders kinda make sense because you know how bad their ownership was for so long.  But how haven't the Dolphins just lucked into a playoff win by now?

I mean think about how rough it has been these last 9 years for us.  And that still doesn't come close to the length of time it has been since Dolphins last playoff win.  

They also play in the AFC East, so 15 years of Brady, 5 years of Allen - most years they could win 10 games and miss the Playoffs or squeak into a rough Wild Card game.  Still tremendously better than us most years in the last 9.