• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Joins Washington Commanders’ Front Office

6 hours ago, strato said:

What I think happened that really polluted stuff was Tepper pushing HARD to get their franchise QB at any cost - it just has to happen NOW.  No patience. Forcing things rarely works out.

I mean I think that was Tepper. I don’t know anything I just interpret the doings that way. 

The Teddy Bridgewater signing was under Hurney and it was the same sort of deal.  Definitely points to Tepper pushing for a QB as soon as possible.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

And I think we have seen how foolish signing Watson would have been. Chasing him, even. To what end?

And I also, obviously, think that the trade up was totally in character. Bad character.

Edited by strato

12 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Hurney & Fitt are officially commie colleagues.  

Not to mention, Jeremy Chinn, Frankie Luvu, Damiere Byrd, CMC's brother all there (am I missing anyone?)

Poor Jayden haha.  

Curtis Samuel?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Hurney/Fitterer in the same room is so weird. Two totally different team building philosophies. 

For us, I mean, are they going to bring in Gettleman too?

Is he still alive, the fat fug? But yeah, no doubt that is noteworthy.

Edited by strato

18 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

CMC and DJ Moore are doing well in their new teams. Maybe they are banking on our old staff not knowing how to use players correctly?

As for the GMs…. I got nothing. 

Yeah but those players played very well here too. Those weren't diamonds in the rough, they were two of the better players at their position.

Hurney: I drafted Dwayne Jarrett

Fitterer: I drafted Terrace Marshall

Hurney: I drafted Will Grier

Fitterer: I drafted Matt Corral

Hurney: Rashaan Gaulden..Greg Little...

Fitterer: Brandon Smith...Sam Darnold...

spacer.png

• Flames 3

18 hours ago, SOJA said:

Fitterer was not a good GM during his time here but he's served under successful front offices before, doesn't mean he's a bad hire. 

I think Fittterer ultimately will be judged for mishandling the Burns situation. The draft selections are impossible to know how much Rhule and Tepper played a hand in 

I disagree about the last part.  When fitterer came in the type of players we drafted totally changed from Rhule guys and continued after Rhule was gone.  I get everyone wants to blame tepper for everything but even if you say he forced the team to take Young, I doubt he had much if anything to do with forcing any other selection the entire time and they have all been terrible.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but those players played very well here too. Those weren't diamonds in the rough, they were two of the better players at their position.

Luvu was solid here. Chinn was good his rookie year. I feel like we never used Chinn correctly. 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Luvu was solid here. Chinn was good his rookie year. I feel like we never used Chinn correctly. 

Luvu was definitely an impact guy. Chinn I am not really sure he ends up developing completely. Which, that's really the franchises fault. LB, S, Nickel.....they never could find a role for him that allowed him to shine consistently.

Hopefully they develop him properly in Washington. Love the player.

• Pie 1