• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Joins Washington Commanders’ Front Office

Two thoughts.

Is he getting paid by them or Tepper? lol 

There are some guys he drafted thinking hey, maybe that’s a spot for me. 

Okay three thoughts: he has to move there. Yuck. 

26 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I genuinely thought he'd be blacklisted from the NFL.

Well, it will be a long time before he gets a team to run but he can work. 

To the right person, having people that have been where you are is good because a guy who has been boss at least understands more about that than people who haven't, and will have that sort of respect for the person in that position. And probably be able to help him.

edit: that’s my personal perspective. I was an employee a long time then graduated into bossdom, after some years of doing that was an employee again and I can tell you I am a much better employee than I was before getting the boss experience.

I was only a boss of smaller non corporate stuff, not trying to brag. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I'm a Daniels fan.  They made a really promising swing at QB.  Also think they got great value in Newton at DT and then Sainristil and Sinnott.  Solid solid draft.  

There's good pieces, but if I was a fan, missing the coaching hire along with the shear amount of former-Panthers they've brought in would make me nervous.  There's no disputing we've been the real cellar of the league for a minute now so why reunite so many from that regime?

They've also had some shaky picks (Forbes, Allen, Dotson, etc.)...just a real roller coaster there.

CMC and DJ Moore are doing well in their new teams. Maybe they are banking on our old staff not knowing how to use players correctly?

As for the GMs…. I got nothing. 

Edited by ForJimmy

Fitterer was not a good GM during his time here but he's served under successful front offices before, doesn't mean he's a bad hire. 

I think Fittterer ultimately will be judged for mishandling the Burns situation. The draft selections are impossible to know how much Rhule and Tepper played a hand in 

21 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Fitterer was not a good GM during his time here but he's served under successful front offices before, doesn't mean he's a bad hire. 

I think Fittterer ultimately will be judged for mishandling the Burns situation. The draft selections are impossible to know how much Rhule and Tepper played a hand in 

What I think happened that really polluted stuff was Tepper pushing HARD to get their franchise QB at any cost - it just has to happen NOW.  No patience. Forcing things rarely works out.

I mean I think that was Tepper. I don’t know anything I just interpret the doings that way. 

• Pie 2

He seems to be well liked and will obviously do anything if told so sounds like the perfect yes man. Plus if they ask him what he would do then they have a good idea that doing the exact opposite is the best option. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Watch him excel without Tepper’s whole fist in his ass using him as a puppet for the last 3 years.

yeah, I don’t think he can earn that kind of credit as an assistant.