• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apache gun cam footage from Bhagdad

TheSaint

If Bosnia had been broadcast, it would have made Hostel look like Veggie Tales.

QF(TMF)T!

Horrible, horrible things went on there. Intentionally targeting non-combatants. I was never there but a couple of my buddies I served with in SF were sent to "observe" in case the US was considering clandestine assistance.

They were shocked at the brutality. These were experienced operators and had seen bad things before so if they were shocked, you could only imagine hjow it would have looked on TV.

Safe Area Gorazde is simultaneously the best graphic novel I have ever read, and one of the best examples of embedded journalism I have ever seen. Joe Sacco consistently does an excellent job, and really opened my eyes on the Bosinan conflict, which is still pretty hazy to most Americans.

If WWII would have been broadcast it would make this video look like sesame street.

Yep.. politics stop when you give the word go.. there are world wide rules for war (which is ironic), but after that- political opinion be damned..

war should not be in everyones home.. people do not know how to take it, nor should they.. but because of that, they shouldn't be giving opinion either..

we are a society that tries to put everything in a box and label it.. which is something that cannot be done in the middle of action.

Yep.. politics stop when you give the word go.. there are world wide rules for war (which is ironic), but after that- political opinion be damned..

war should not be in everyones home.. people do not know how to take it, nor should they.. but because of that, they shouldn't be giving opinion either..

we are a society that tries to put everything in a box and label it.. which is something that cannot be done in the middle of action.

True. War Crime = Oxymoron

Archived