• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apache gun cam footage from Bhagdad

TheSaint

Ok so...

1) The context of the video isn't explained, which is very important. I don't know the ROE in Iraq in 2007, but I know that the ROE in the first years was to consider any civillian with a weapon a hostile and to engage on sight.

2) What does bother me in the eagerness of the gunner, wanting to immediately engage more or less everything that moves, even unarmed people who are evacuating wounded. That kind of stuff is not appropriate for an insurgent war.

Even if he was eager his officer in command gave him the green light. I really dont think the unit was politically correct with there language but really should we expect them to be? The only thing that bothered me was when they launched the hellfire into the building and killed noncombatants. Still its war and you dont make every right decision.

ok you guys do make some valid point about how they wanted to help their own. and im sure if i was in that situation i would want to shoot as well...

but i think that when an innocent is killed someone has to be accountable. if a guy on the ground kills someone he goes to trial and the same rules should apply when your in the air.

collateral damage is going to happen in war but it still should not be acceptable.

this is a war on terror. not a war against a nation. civ's deaths is the very last thing you want to do when you go out there to 'free' them

ok you guys do make some valid point about how they wanted to help their own. and im sure if i was in that situation i would want to shoot as well...

but i think that when an innocent is killed someone has to be accountable. if a guy on the ground kills someone he goes to trial and the same rules should apply when your in the air.

collateral damage is going to happen in war but it still should not be acceptable.

this is a war on terror. not a war against a nation. civ's deaths is the very last thing you want to do when you go out there to 'free' them

Really its not our fault that the insurgents pick urban in environments. They do that for the same reason we hate to fight wars there. Because innocent people get killed and they like to use those people as shields. I mean these bastards kill kids and make bombs out of them. It dose suck reporters died but they need a way to identify themselves because it can be confusing.

Really its not our fault that the insurgents pick urban in environments. They do that for the same reason we hate to fight wars there. Because innocent people get killed and they like to use those people as shields. I mean these bastards kill kids and make bombs out of them. It dose suck reporters died but they need a way to identify themselves because it can be confusing.

Pick the environment? I suppose if the US Armed forces had taken over barren desert they might try and fight them there...lol. Assuming they cared.

Archived