• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apache gun cam footage from Bhagdad

TheSaint

I can understand shooting the men on the ground with weapons but shooting the people coming to help the wounded and pick up the dead bodies? Doesn't seem right to me.

How do you know that they weren't going up to the bodies to retreive the weapons?

I have seen and had that happen to me and it's not alot of fun.

Better safe than sorry, I say.

I can understand shooting the men on the ground with weapons but shooting the people coming to help the wounded and pick up the dead bodies? Doesn't seem right to me.

What exactly is "right" in war I would ask.

Urban battlefields are the worst kind, for everyone involved. Excepting of course the insurgents, who pick urban battlefields because they make it easy to hide, and force us to engage in a manner that causes more risk to innocents.

Bingo

these guys should be tried... its not a free for all out there...

F**k that.

You have reporters mingling with armed combatants in a hot zone. It's BS that you have the media blasting these guys because they didn't show remorse, give me a break its a F**** war

Sensationalism at its best

you can hear the eagerness in their voices to shoot these guys. Its not like they were even attacking anyone either.

your guys are such hot heads. not saying that Canadians are not either we just have tougher laws if you do kill innocent people.

Let me put you in a helicopter and aim a RPG at your ass and we will see how eager you are too shoot me. They got orders to fire so its not like it was not cleared with HQ. If they were press then they dont need to be around people that have RPGs.

But I guess you would just have us toss flowers and Rainbows at them in hopes they would surrender huh.

you can hear the eagerness in their voices to shoot these guys. Its not like they were even attacking anyone either.

your guys are such hot heads. not saying that Canadians are not either we just have tougher laws if you do kill innocent people.

The targets were suspected enemies.

They got excited to help their friends not die.

They were eager to help their friends not die.

They were eager because they thought these guys were the enemy. They wanted to shoot them, not because they wanted to kill, but because they thought these guys were a threat.

And who would you try? The guys that shot, or the officers that gave them permission to engage?

Ok so...

1) The context of the video isn't explained, which is very important. I don't know the ROE in Iraq in 2007, but I know that the ROE in the first years was to consider any civillian with a weapon a hostile and to engage on sight.

2) What does bother me in the eagerness of the gunner, wanting to immediately engage more or less everything that moves, even unarmed people who are evacuating wounded. That kind of stuff is not appropriate for an insurgent war.

Archived