• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which prospect(s) are you focused on for 2025?

Icege

Who/what are y'all focusing on during this upcoming college season to be a potential Panther?

Personally, I'm keying in on the following three groups: centers, edge rushers, cornerbacks, and wide receivers. I'm especially paying attention to the centers though (for those that I've spent the last few years armchair scouting with... I know... Centers? Me? Never! :P)

My current five favorite center prospects:

• Seth McLaughlin (Ohio State) - Fifth-year senior that transferred from Alabama where he was Bryce's center. Will be snapping for the Buckeyes after DeBoer brought over his starting center, Parker Brailsford, from Washington.
  • Bryce Foster (Texas A&M) - Potential #1 center in this draft class. BIG BOI.
  • Eli Cox (Kentucky) - Will Levis' center with experience in a pro-style offense. Experienced college lineman that's strong as an oxe.
  • Cooper Mays (Tennessee) - Cade Mays' little brother, who is also an interior offensive lineman. Cade was surprisingly one of the better graded guards on last year's offensive line for the Panthers, so maybe the give Cooper a looksie as well.
  • Logan Jones (Iowa) - I've always had a soft spot for trench guys coming out of Iowa. Jones had a down year last season, so I'm looking to see how he responds to it. 

While they're not draft eligible, I'll also be keeping an eye on Parker Brailsford (Alabama), the aforementioned Washington transfer, and the other two Ohio State interior linemen: Donovan Jackson (who is draft eligible for next year) and Carson Hinzman.

What about y'all? Who/what are you looking at going into this coming season?

• Pie 1

Edge....probably most needed.  In order:

James Pearce Jr. - Tennessee
 J.T. Tuimoloau - Ohio State
 Nic Scourton - Texas A&M
 Jack Sawyer - Ohio State
 Mykel Williams - Georgia
 Abdul Carter - Penn State

CB

Will Johnson - Michigan  (this guy reportedly is a freak, hard to pass on him)
 Benjamin Morrison - Notre Dame
 Denzel Burke - Ohio State
 Tacario Davis - Arizona
Travis Hunter - Colorado
 Jabbar Muhammad - Oregon

WR

WR Luther Burden - Missouri   (also a freak)
 Tetairoa McMillan - Arizona
 Tre Harris - Ole Miss
 Emeka Egbuka - Ohio State

If Burden is there when we pick, we have to seriously consider him.  I'd tend to help the D with the first pick, but this guy with XL will give us 2 stud receivers who will be cheap for the next 4 and 5 years.  Not opposed to giving Bryce that along with our rebuild OL.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Very interested in both edge and honestly WR again. If the guy from Arizona turns out to be a stud and worthy of a top 5 pick I would take him

But edge feels like it's going to be the move in next years draft 

• Pie 1

WR will be a big focus.  If we expectedly land in the top-10 again, Egbuka, McMillan, & Burden are the ones to watch.  

If we can't land Pearce, Jack Sawyer & Tuimoloau are the two I like.  

Drew Allar and Cam Ward at QB.

• Pie 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

In addition to the previously mentioned position groups, I also like to focus on a specific prospect for each position. This year...

QB: Quinn Ewers (Texas)
RB: Omarion Hampton (UNC)
WR: Tetairoa McMillan (Arizona)
TE: Luke Lachey (Iowa)
OT: Will Campbell (LSU)
iOL: Cooper Mays (Tennessee)
DL: Deone Walker (Kentucky)
EDGE: Abdul Carter (Penn State)
LB: Barrett Carter (Clemson)
CB: Travis Hunter (Colorado)
S: Malaki Starks (Georgia)

My follow list from 2023 ended up being a lot of fun 😄

On 9/3/2023 at 11:00 AM, Icege said:

QB: Joe Milton III (Tennessee)
RB: Braelon Allen (Wisconsin)
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr (Ohio State) [shifted to Rome Odunze (Washington) midseason]
TE: Brock Bowers (Georgia)
OT: Patrick Paul (Houston)
iOL: Donovan Jackson (Ohio State) [shifted to Graham Barton (Duke) midseason]
DL: Leonard Taylor III (Miami) [shifted to Mohammed Kamara (Colorado State) midseason]
EDGE: Jared Verse (Florida State) [shifted to Laiatu Latu (UCLA) midseason]
LB: Smael Mondon Jr (Georgia)
CB: Nate Wiggens (Clemson)
S: Rod Moore (Michigan) [shifted to Malik Mustapha (Wake Forest) midseason]

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

IF we don’t end up going QB…

Luther Burden has to seriously be in consideration due to us lacking a pure downfield threat 

Regardless of how Moton does this year I’d imagine they’ll be keeping a close eye on the tackles again especially if we’re sticking with Bryce. We’d save 17 million by cutting Moton after this season.

Luther

Campbell

Banks

Beck 

Pearce 

I imagine we’ll have a top 5 pick. Defense would be my last priority if that’s the case

I assume Sanders or Ewers will go top 5 bumping someone down to us if we don’t end up drafting one of the QB’s after Beck

On 8/9/2024 at 10:01 AM, Martin said:

Until Bryce shows me something this season is all about QB for me.

I was on the Shedeur Sanders bandwagon, but there is a strong possibility he wouldn't play here because Prime would make sure he doesn't play for Tepper.

I been on the sign Dak Prescott and trade the #1 pick if we happen to get the #1 pick.

Get Dak a WR with whoever decides to trade up for a QB and go from there.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was on the Shedeur Sanders bandwagon, but there is a strong possibility he wouldn't play here because Prime would make sure he doesn't play for Tepper.

I been on the sign Dak Prescott and trade the #1 pick if we happen to get the #1 pick.

Get Dak a WR with whoever decides to trade up for a QB and go from there.

Not sure about Dak to be honest. While I believe he would help take us to the playoffs, Dallas is pretty loaded and he hasn’t been able to take them to the promised land. I’d rather gamble again on a rookie so we can spend more to surround him with more talent. 

1 hour ago, Martin said:

Not sure about Dak to be honest. While I believe he would help take us to the playoffs, Dallas is pretty loaded and he hasn’t been able to take them to the promised land. I’d rather gamble again on a rookie so we can spend more to surround him with more talent. 

I just want a decent QB for a change. Dak isn't perfect, but he was in the MVP conversation last season and he's widely considered a top 10 QB.

Our QB situation has been bad for years now. Dak would be a massive improvement over a any QB we had since Cam.

I like the idea of using a mid rounder on QB. Cam Ward, Riley Leonard, or Drew Allar. I genuinely hope Bryce can be a solid game manager. But use our top first 2 picks on day 1 starter and then bring Bryce some competition in on a rookie contract. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I just want a decent QB for a change. Dak isn't perfect, but he was in the MVP conversation last season and he's widely considered a top 10 QB.

Our QB situation has been bad for years now. Dak would be a massive improvement over an any QB we had since Cam.

I don’t hate the idea of Dak. I just fear how we’d be able to build out the rest of our team with a 50mil/yr QB. 

• Pie 1