• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have any of you been on The Intimidator?

E CaT PanTHer

I was on it today - VERY fast - I was afraid my contact lenses were going to blow out. My eyes were so full of dirt that it looked like I was crying by the time I was done. I'd been on a roller coaster like this before (Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens), so that first drop was not a shock to me. My 20 year old son on the other hand had not, and that photo that they take when you're coming down - he was hanging on for dear life and he said that he never got over that feeling for the rest of the ride. Carowinds actually straddles NC and SC so you'd be right next to Charlotte if you come. Where are you? If you're closer to Virginia, you can get the same experience at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Apollo's Chariot and get a much nicer theme park. But since Cedar Fair bought Carowinds, they are roller coastering it up like they are known for. If you come after Memorial Day when the water park opens, you get Water Park as well for your admission price.

Oh - my son did say that it was the best roller coaster he's ever been on and I'd say yes, it's up there. He loved that you don't have shoulder harnesses - he's very tall and most roller coasters are painful for him. This one was a dream for him.

I was on it today - VERY fast - I was afraid my contact lenses were going to blow out. My eyes were so full of dirt that it looked like I was crying by the time I was done. I'd been on a roller coaster like this before (Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens), so that first drop was not a shock to me. My 20 year old son on the other hand had not, and that photo that they take when you're coming down - he was hanging on for dear life and he said that he never got over that feeling for the rest of the ride. Carowinds actually straddles NC and SC so you'd be right next to Charlotte if you come. Where are you? If you're closer to Virginia, you can get the same experience at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Apollo's Chariot and get a much nicer theme park. But since Cedar Fair bought Carowinds, they are roller coastering it up like they are known for. If you come after Memorial Day when the water park opens, you get Water Park as well for your admission price.

Oh - my son did say that it was the best roller coaster he's ever been on and I'd say yes, it's up there. He loved that you don't have shoulder harnesses - he's very tall and most roller coasters are painful for him. This one was a dream for him.

That's awesome. I actually live in California but the main theme park we have over here (Great America) is getting kind of old. I've been on all the rides a dozen times (Top Gun, Invertigo, and Drop Zone) and they just don't give me that thrill anymore. From the video, that first drop looks amazing. They said it's at a 72 degree angle which is almost a straight drop. I want to actually make a trip out to Charlotte since the Panthers are my favorite team and I've never ever seen the city. If I do that, I'll definitely check out Carowinds or the other theme parks you suggested.

I can't wait to ride it. Apollo's chariot is the only ride that has put butterflies in my stomach. I'm not super scared of heights, but I made the mistake of looking down when we were almost at the top. On day I'd like to go to Cedar Point in Ohio - they have a similar ride with a 310' drop.

Archived