• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FOX shares Greg Olsen announcing change

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Since when is Tom Brady a seasoned TV announcer. They bumped the guy with actual experienced for the guy they paid way too much money for 

To be fair, Olsen started out that way. As do all former players. They're not putting Brady on the No. 6 team that's for sure.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:54 AM, travisura said:

The Panthers are doomed to have Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma in perpetuity.

Jonathan Vilma is by far my least favorite announcer. It's not only his antiPanthers bias that I can understand, it's that he clearly doesn't watch our team outside of  the game he is currently calling, he has Facebook level commentary 

On 7/12/2024 at 10:09 AM, CamWhoaaCam said:

No they didn't. GOAT's make their own rules.

There is a standard Brady/Manning are the golden boys. Everybody else falls in line.

Same reason LeBron James got his son drafted when he's not a NBA level player. GOAT's eat first!

I mean, you definitely arent wrong in what you said. Those two dominate the world in football and basketball no denying Lebrons son should not have been drafted where he was. A part of me cheers for Bronny though since he probably isnt even ready for the NBA and may never be. Im hoping he gets it and his skills greatly increase where he can hang to prove everyone wrong for whatever reason.

19 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Kenny Albert is a lot better when he’s calling a hockey game.  I’m not sure why but he’s not great for football.

Poor goof ball is probably still trying to escape being tied to his brother's name Marv who used to enjoy holding hookers hostage in closets while biting them.

On 7/12/2024 at 7:49 AM, PanthersATL said:

With seasoned TV announcer Tom Brady joining the Fox football broadcast team, some expected changes were to be made

Brady will be the #1 team with Kevin Burkhardt, at least until Fox figures out that maybe they shouldn't have thrown together a stupid contract and wiggles out of it

Olsen will be paired with Joe Davis for the #2 team, making those games worth watching

Adam Amin and Mark Sanchez are the No. 3 team

Kenny Albert and Jon Vilma No. 4

Kevin Kugler and Daryl Johnston No. 5

Guessing that most of the Panthers games will likely be assigned to Chris Myers and Mark Schlereth No. 6 this season.

I'll take whatever is not Vilma... God he is an annoying prick

On 7/12/2024 at 8:55 AM, kungfoodude said:

I think Brady is going to be wooden and not very good at all. 

Yeah, he seems like he has the personality of a 2x4. I just don't see how it's gonna translate to the broadcasting booth. I could see him doing some type of indepth analysis stuff on YouTube that football nerds like me would eat up, but that's something entirely different.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I thought he was going to be terrible when it was first announced, he just doesn't seem to be that type of guy in interviews during his playing career.

But have seen a few clips of him breaking stuff down recently and he sounded really good.

Apparently he actually took that year before starting up to go through a broadcasting bootcamp, he might surprise people with how good he can be.  With how he sees the game, if he can figure out the broadcasting side of it, he could be what Romo was that first year (but he kinda sucks now, it's weird)

15 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I mean, you definitely arent wrong in what you said. Those two dominate the world in football and basketball no denying Lebrons son should not have been drafted where he was. A part of me cheers for Bronny though since he probably isnt even ready for the NBA and may never be. Im hoping he gets it and his skills greatly increase where he can hang to prove everyone wrong for whatever reason.

Bronny will carve out a successful 10+ year NBA career.  He's not going to be Lebron and be a HOFer, but he's going to end up being an elite defensive player, think a Marcus Smart or Derrick White.

No, he wasn't an NBA ready prospect yet, and he really always was going to need a couple years of seasoning to be ready for the league.  But people forget that he couldn't train for 4+ months in the summer leading into his Freshman year, like at all.

He never stood a chance this past season, people judging him on it are just not willing to be objective and are hating on him because he only got drafted because of his dad.

Not every successful NBA player is an offensive juggernaut, he's going to make his money on the other end of the court and be very good at it.  His defensive instincts and overall bball IQ are off the charts good and all accounts are that Lebron's work ethic was picked up by both of his sons, that's a combo for success.

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Bronny will carve out a successful 10+ year NBA career.  He's not going to be Lebron and be a HOFer, but he's going to end up being an elite defensive player, think a Marcus Smart or Derrick White.

No, he wasn't an NBA ready prospect yet, and he really always was going to need a couple years of seasoning to be ready for the league.  But people forget that he couldn't train for 4+ months in the summer leading into his Freshman year, like at all.

He never stood a chance this past season, people judging him on it are just not willing to be objective and are hating on him because he only got drafted because of his dad.

Not every successful NBA player is an offensive juggernaut, he's going to make his money on the other end of the court and be very good at it.  His defensive instincts and overall bball IQ are off the charts good and all accounts are that Lebron's work ethic was picked up by both of his sons, that's a combo for success.

Bronny's NBA career will last exactly as long as the remainder of Lebron's.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1