• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Soccer players go into the stands at Bank of America stadium to fight with fans

46 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Soccer so boring but as parents more and more decide to not have kids play football it will continue to grow more popular. 

I always thought if they shrunk the field it would be MUCH more popular in the States. 

The funny thing is ... it's not boring ... to those that understand the game. Europeans think American Football is boring due to the limited action, non stop ads, short plays, etc. But an NFL fan would explain to them the mini battles on EVERY play: the lineman battles, linemen opening holes for the RB, routes the WRs take, blocking, the QB having to change plays mid-stride, etc. Welp ... a soccer fan would do the exact same explaining to someone who thinks soccer is "boring".

Edited by Brooklyn 3.0
  • Pie 5

Copa America and Euro 2024 have both been a lot of fun this year. The Netherlands vs. Turkey has probably been my favorite game between the two events so far.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

Soccer is not boring.  You just need to pick a decent team (I recommend English Premier League) and you will get vested into it in no time.  Soccer is the most competitive sport in the world where losing gets you relegated into oblivion or winning promotes you to the top of the world.

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The funny thing is ... it's not boring ... to those that understand the game. Europeans think American Football is boring due to the limited action, non stop ads, short plays, etc. But an NFL fan would explain to them the mini battles on EVERY play: the lineman battles, linemen opening holes for the RB, routes the WRs take, blocking, the QB having to change plays mid-stride, etc. Welp ... a soccer fan would do the exact same explaining to someone who thinks soccer is "boring".

Well said.  This goes for just about any sport.  If you know a little bit about what's going on, it's a lot more interesting to watch.  It's like when someone is trying to watch hockey and they don't know what icing is.

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Well said.  This goes for just about any sport.  If you know a little bit about what's going on, it's a lot more interesting to watch.  It's like when someone is trying to watch hockey and they don't know what icing is.

I found that hockey just doesn’t work on TV. Or, you need to see the whole rink really to best get it if you don’t know a lot. 

i was lucky enough to go to some games at the old Boston Garden with the Bruins and I had only ever watched on TV. I got it in person.

Also saw the Celtics with Bird, vs Dr J and Dawkins that team and I guess Hollings? Been a while. Dawkins was a mountain

Edited by strato

2 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Soccer is not boring.  You just need to pick a decent team (I recommend English Premier League) and you will get vested into it in no time.  Soccer is the most competitive sport in the world where losing gets you relegated into oblivion or winning promotes you to the top of the world.

That is your opinion. YOU think soccer is not boring.

27 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

As a person who has watch every Canes game on tv except one and that was when they were still in Greensboro I disagree. 
Hockey works very well on TV. 

Go canes!  I watch all canes games. I just got into hockey two years ago… from watching the tv.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

As a person who has watch every Canes game on tv except one and that was when they were still in Greensboro I disagree. 
Hockey works very well on TV. 

If you understand it.

When you don’t understand it, I can’t agree. At least for me.

Now, I am not really much interested in hockey and haven’t watched any in a long time maybe they have better production nowadays. I didn’t understand icing or whatever until I saw the entire rink rather than the telecast which basically followed the puck. 

On 7/11/2024 at 11:05 AM, fanpanther said:

Yeah this may not have been Teppers fault directly but whoever organized this and was in charge of security its a bad bad look took forever for security to even arrive.  With the way people get sloppy drunk at all these events cops should be everywhere throughout the game.  

I was thinking the same; it's not on Tepper directly per se; but as a business owner you will always have to answer for these situations.  Because it does still boil down to hiring the right security staff, having the correct protocol in place for an event of this magnitude.

Again, people are going to blindly put all of the blame on Tepper just bc of his history lately. But also there is proactive planning that has to be done to make sure these things don't get out of hand. That's just the nature of being the owner of a company both sadly and rightfully at times.

2 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

Go canes!  I watch all canes games. I just got into hockey two years ago… from watching the tv.

Great sport! Honestly I am always surprised I never could get into soccer because I love hockey and the two sports are somewhat similar. 
Cool to see another “new” Canes fan. Next season is gonna be really interesting with the soft-reset this off-season. 
But it feels like every cup favorite team in our division has a soft-reset. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Great sport! Honestly I am always surprised I never could get into soccer because I love hockey and the two sports are somewhat similar. 
Cool to see another “new” Canes fan. Next season is gonna be really interesting with the soft-reset this off-season. 
But it feels like every cup favorite team in our division has a soft-reset. 

I got my son into hockey as well.  He now switched from NFL to Hockey/Soccer.  Said NFL has too many commercials. 

• Pie 1