• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Wilson, ex-Cardinals star and Panthers exec, arrested on domestic violence charge

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

People rejoicing over the news of domestic violence is an odd one in my opinion. 

Weird flex but ok

It has more to do with  “there might be something more to this than Tepper man bad” which was the main issue in the other thread.

There are too many here that want to crucify Dave over anything when Wilson made his own bed.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

People rejoicing over the news of domestic violence is an odd one in my opinion. 

It’s people mocking others for overreacting. No one is happy at Wilson for getting accused of that. To even suggest that is a pretty twisted thought process IMO.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not another knee jerk Tepper Panthers firing or another high level employee bailing ship. On the other hand, this is just a really shitty situation and that sucks.

Logical response. We made the right decision in a very unfortunate situation. 

• Pie 3

57 minutes ago, SOJA said:

LOL at people using this an excuse to defend Tepper 

It's more of a cautionary tale of using your brain before spending a week pushing a conclusion that is manufactured to push an agenda 

• Pie 8

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

“Someone said the truth about Bryce” lol

Now that one was funny. And obviously meant that way.

I haven’t read the account of Wilson’s alleged crime but as with this all this stuff it is best to make sure the charges are legit.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Weird flex but ok

It has more to do with  “there might be something more to this than Tepper man bad” which was the main issue in the other thread.

There are too many here that want to crucify Dave over anything when Wilson made his own bed.

There is a clear recent history of firings and someone was fired. 

All I said it was odd timing and pointed out the pattern. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

If you really wanna clutch your pearls, you should be joining in with the people you’re selectively criticizing…against your buddies who were treating Wilson like the poor victim/noble martyr of a meanie unfair billionaire. Imagine being assaulted by someone in a prominent position, him getting fired, and people on the internet jumping through hoops to publicly coddle your abuser and propping him up as a hero (“told the truth about Bryce and got fired” lol) or at the very least, just a blameless victim of collateral damage of a dysfunctional organization.

Save the phony performative outrage. That was such an embarrassing thing to post.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 5

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

Most of the people just said it was weird how they did it and it was weird. Just say he was released for non-workplace conduct and it wouldn't have been an issue. Instead they just took him off the website, were caught doing so and waited for the story to finally break while only confirming he was released? Still weird on the Panther's end.

From a business standpoint it's safest to say nothing. There's a cast at Faire right now going through a lawsuit because they openly discussed a performer getting fired for DV & it turned out to be bullpoo. 

Saying "non workplace conduct" might be mitigating, (I have no idea what laws/league rules apply) but may not be a secure enough cya.

• Pie 3