• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Wilson, ex-Cardinals star and Panthers exec, arrested on domestic violence charge

9 minutes ago, 332nd said:

From a business standpoint it's safest to say nothing. There's a cast at Faire right now going through a lawsuit because they openly discussed a performer getting fired for DV & it turned out to be bullpoo. 

Saying "non workplace conduct" might be mitigating, (I have no idea what laws/league rules apply) but may not be a secure enough cya.

It's the NFL so comparing it to a regular job is a long stretch. Usually when they make moves they announce them with a tidy statement to get it out of the way and away. I'm sure they have enough lawyers going over their stuff to not implicate anything but the parting like they announce every other move they make. 

13 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

I went to high school with Adrian. Tough break, he seemed like a good guy but you just never know. We’ll see how it plays out.

Me too!  Thomas Wingate Andrews represent!

16 hours ago, RJK said:

Yep. Maybe y’all should hold ur opinions before jumping to dumb ass conclusions 

why the hell would we do that around here?

much easier to just jump on the "we just do dumb poo and everything we do and every decision we make is born out of suck." limited brain power involved, which kind of suits a lot of people in here. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Waldo said:

It's the NFL so comparing it to a regular job is a long stretch. Usually when they make moves they announce them with a tidy statement to get it out of the way and away. I'm sure they have enough lawyers going over their stuff to not implicate anything but the parting like they announce every other move they make. 

The lawyers are the ones advising the team how to handle it. They do so to protect the best interest team not to protect Huddlers from jumping to conclusions.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 4

15 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

100% but you folks on here cant be surprised that the teppers are getting dunked on when something bad happens all things considered.  I mean its be 6ish years of WTF moments since they took over.  This is an unfortunate incident but the teppers havent really done anything to get the benefit of the doubt.  I was wrong here for sure.

It’s really been that way since Cam left. Everything wrong with this franchise has been compounded mistakes after parting with the best player in the history of your franchise. 

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not another knee jerk Tepper Panthers firing or another high level employee bailing ship. On the other hand, this is just a really shitty situation and that sucks.

Yeah, I have also learned enough over the years to not crucify anyone over media reports on legal matters. No one knows any facts. Could be BS, could be exactly as described and could be way worse than described. 

We've all seen this go umpteen different ways in lots of situations. He also has access to the criminal justice version of Clear/Precheck at his income level(Tepper has access to the Monopoly Get Out of Jail Free card at his income level), so there are no guarantees of anything.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

why the hell would we do that around here?

much easier to just jump on the "we just do dumb poo and everything we do and every decision we make is born out of suck." limited brain power involved, which kind of suits a lot of people in here. 

Well you have to admit it's a safe bet we are doing something retarded under Tepper. It's been about 90/10 in that direction.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, mc52beast said:

But wait, all the football experts here said it was just Tepper being Tepper…LOL. Yall eating your crow yet?

I mean, Tepper's signature isn't just firing people.  It's bad hires too. 

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well you have to admit it's a safe bet we are doing something retarded under Tepper. It's been about 90/10 in that direction.

In this case it was not a safe bet.