• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alternate timeline Panthers owner’s daughter is doing well at Wimbledon

True about offseason but since it was brought up, the NFL is seeming more and more like ‘the man’ as I go through life. 

It seems like the  divestment and subsequent acquisition was engineered. Like, they had a buyer they wanted.... hmmm where can we put him?

Wanted Navarro then and in hindsight really wish we got him instead of tepper, obviously. 

His daughter got smoked today in a match on paper she really should've won. But she's had a great year and is an exciting young American player. Bills owner's daughter Jess Pegula also a top tennis player. Being super rich certainly helps a young player develop in an expensive sport like tennis.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Is this one of the, the grass would have been Greener had another asshole billionaire bought the Panthers? 

Some high quality drugs are going around out there to believe that poo. 

As far as it goes, and fwiw, Navarro reached out to John Lynch  before Lynch went to SF about running things for him if he could get the franchise. According to Lynch.

Which sure sounds a lot better than what happened. I thought it said a lot about Navarro, like he is just more intuitive than the other guy who took two years to figure it out and then hired Rhule. 

Just sayin’. I know it is what it is now. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, strato said:

As far as it goes, and fwiw, Navarro reached out to John Lynch  before Lynch went to SF about running things for him if he could get the franchise. According to Lynch.

Which sure sounds a lot better than what happened. I thought it said a lot about Navarro, like he is just more intuitive than the other guy who took two years to figure it out and then hired Rhule. 

Lynch was hired in San Fran on January 29, 2017 about 11  months prior to the Richardson scandal was first mentiond on Dec 17, 2017. So that doesn't make a lot of sense unless Navarro wanted to trade for a GM. 

Edited by csx

29 minutes ago, strato said:

Back during the VETTING process, I liked Navarro for becoming the next owner.  That isn't going to make me sit here and honestly believe it would be drastically different or not.  I don't play what if games. There are to many variables, especially with a football team. 

Edited by pantherclaw