• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's almost spring and spring means...

Happy Panther

They love my deck and are basically everywhere. Last year it was normal to see 5 wasps at a time foraging around my deck. Tried the wasp traps last year and they didn't do crap.

This year I'm being proactive and spraying the f*ck out of my deck with bifenthrin... seems to be helping some so far. Killed a few for sure.

Okay, revoke my man card, but I really don't like killing wasps. I try to just let them be -- it's like we have an agreement not to mess with each other. But now they're building nests on our windows, and the wife hates to see these wasps flying right beside the bed.

Are there any "humane" ways to get rid of wasps?

Okay, revoke my man card, but I really don't like killing wasps. I try to just let them be -- it's like we have an agreement not to mess with each other. But now they're building nests on our windows, and the wife hates to see these wasps flying right beside the bed.

You could try building low/affordable income housing within a couple miles...perhaps an ant farm

Go outside and have a chat with them... they're very amenable... unless you piss them off. :eek:

Bugs and I have an understanding... They don't fug with me and I return the favor! My 18 year old son and I were working in the yard this weekend and one of those big fat black and yellow bees goes flying by... You would have thought a bear was after him the way he was running around screaming like a girl. Obviously, he takes after his mother!

those are my kind of skirts right there! Anyone who looks like that should always wear those!

as for the wasps...ya, I am deadly allergic...and no, I don't care an epi pen...if it's my time...what the hell.

Archived