• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's revolving door continues

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He is an idiot of an NFL owner but as some observers have stated before, there are some owners that take a while to figure that out. That's clearly him. What we don't want is for him to stay an idiot(Dan Snyder version).

We don't have too many more seasons of this before it's pretty firmly and obviously the latter. That's the big worry.

If he doesn't stay out of the way this time around, the story has been written, IMO.

6 years has even wore me out and Im normally not the type. I've done more huddle bitachin this past season than all others combine since 2007. 

At least he is spending loads of money, I would be more Richardson than tepper when it came to my reaching for my purse.....

Plus the best I can tell, he's still the same high involvement even if new reports say other. I cannot blame him in that regard. You spent 2.25 billion on a business and want to be in all aspects, his choice. 

He just needs to luck into someone that knows how to build a modern NFL roster.....Im willing to give Dan and Dave time, but I feel within three years tepper will be looking again. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

This seems like an awful lot of hand wringing over VP of Player Personnel.

I'll add some gas, it was my understanding that tepper wanted to mimic the 49ers about DEI hires for draft draft picks. One of the deals is they have to stay at least two full years before you get 3rd comp when they leave. Wilson made it 18 months and its odd timing as well.

LG has been repeating the failed hires, it is a LONG list. This is teppers 3rd Gm, 6th HC among a few presidents fired as well. We are not even talking about the huge mess of firings on soccers side either. Plus he has fired numerous presidents/ceos of his entertainment side. Many do not last the full year. There is a pattern. I believe both Dan and Dave got 6 year deals cause of the quick firing finger tepper has. 

At least he's not gone full jerrah and made himself GM.....

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I'll add some gas, it was my understanding that tepper wanted to mimic the 49ers about DEI hires for draft draft picks. One of the deals is they have to stay at least two full years before you get 3rd comp when they leave. Wilson made it 18 months and its odd timing as well.

LG has been repeating the failed hires, it is a LONG list. This is teppers 3rd Gm, 6th HC among a few presidents fired as well. We are not even talking about the huge mess of firings on soccers side either. Plus he has fired numerous presidents/ceos of his entertainment side. Many do not last the full year. There is a pattern. I believe both Dan and Dave got 6 year deals cause of the quick firing finger tepper has. 

At least he's not gone full jerrah and made himself GM.....

Yet.......

• Flames 1

Yikes. A lot of terrible takes and ASSumptions in this thread by the usual gang. You guys truly won't be happy until youve.completely worn this board out of your god awful takes. It's a wonder 20 people still log on here and conversate with you but each month I notice that number get smaller and smaller. Keep up the good work brainiacs I can't wait for the next hot take that pops up into your collective potatoheads.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2