• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's revolving door continues

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, there's a definite trend here. It is what it is. A revolving door of personnel and losses piling up. That's been the story of the Tepper era so far.

I am not making this judgement personally but maybe we are purging under performers or people with opposing philosophies and he is at the bottom of the ‘to do’ list. 

We don’t know why at this time. Maybe it will come out. He isn’t a key player in much, being VP of... 

Until he is a total liability, he should play out his contract since it is basically guaranteed.

In the case of him repeating 2023, we do not give him starting status for 2025, and we move to upgrade the position. 

But he will know the system. It is simple: insist he honor the contract until it benefits you for him to not be bound by it. I think if he stinks it up again, you salvage whatever value you can any way you can and that is likely the only way.

1 hour ago, strato said:

I am not making this judgement personally but maybe we are purging under performers or people with opposing philosophies and he is at the bottom of the ‘to do’ list. 

We don’t know why at this time. Maybe it will come out. He isn’t a key player in much, being VP of... 

I mean it's an ownership problem in any business when there is this much turnover. Anyone that's had a shitty boss ruin a job that could have been a pleasant and profitable situation can relate regardless of the level of employment or specific duties of the job. There is very little you can do as far as building a culture when you have an instrusive dickhead owner 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, countryboi said:

this is interesting, it feels like if they were going to fire him they would have done it already but he was on blueprint looking excited about the draft. If i had to guess he did something non football related that got him fired. 

According to Joe Person Adrian a Wilson sexually assaulted Sir Purr 

• Beer 1

Yeah this really isn’t a big deal, he was brought in by Fitterer which was the worst GM in our history. Staff changes are expected after going 2-15.

Besides, all that hype was just hype. It’s not like the Cards just came off the SB and he was some type of guru.  

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean it's an ownership problem in any business when there is this much turnover. Anyone that's had a shitty boss ruin a job that could have been a pleasant and profitable situation can relate regardless of the level of employment or specific duties of the job. There is very little you can do as far as building a culture when you have an instrusive dickhead owner 

Chances are Morgan fired him.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Chances are Morgan fired him.

Technically Morgan probably had to deal with it, until we see a few years of stability it's totally fair to speculate that Tepper is just toying with this whole operation with no direction from the top down. 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

My job wasn’t sports but it was very much a team oriented proposition. I wouldn’t know how to argue against the track record critics. I’m with them 

I think maybe the question is: is Tepper capable/incapable of learning, of overcoming his compulsion to impart his vision via firing people. Question mark.

Certainly he understands that that is not ideal. To have your prize draft pick worked and trained in a nice continuous arc is the ideal, bi-annual disruption is not at all the ideal. Even when it is disrupted with the best of intentions. 

He has to figure this out sooner or later, right? 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Probably just a parting of ways like most regime change. (Voluntary or not)

Kevin Winston looks to be the new Player guy and he’s been doing this for years with the Falcons and Bucs prior to coming to Charlotte.

Having to get to page two and get passed anti-Bryce/Morgan/Tepper posts just to get meaningful info is dumb as poo. Thank you so much for doing the legwork and finding out who the replacement is.

For those that are also interested in looking further into Winston's background instead of crying, here:

image.png.f75c9b74ca756e97bb21ae0853e0b786.png

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, csx said:

It could be a huge deal or nothing. But a number of you love to just repeat yourself trying to create drama.

Coming from the person with the most predictable replies in any thread regardless of the particular topic lol. 

Posted (edited)

Oh no, cancel the season then. Without him we will never reach the super bowl this year.....In all  honesty who cares, bye. Replace him with someone better and move on. Keep flushing that toilet with players and coaches and all staff until you eventually get all the turd down and are left with good people.

Edited by Ricky Prickles