• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's revolving door continues

48 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Right “we stole him from the Cardinals.” Lol that was you right? I think you are just mad at so many things it’s hard to keep up.

So we have a new GM and VP, now an old VP from last year’s staff is gone. This really isn’t news. 

Manufactured outrage. 

• Pie 4

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So lets clean house after our worst season ever by promoting the right hand man to GM.  Makes perfect sense.   So we hire a up and coming dude 18 months ago and then fire him 2 weeks before TC.  Yeah if someone is still defending this disorganized mess of a franchise then they probably need to be committed.  I cannot imagine simping for the fuging teppers after everything we now no.  But you guys do your thing

Just because we think you are overreacting and being dramatic like you always do, doesn’t mean we are “simping for the teppers.” 
You are literally proving my point in this response about promoting Morgan and firing an “up and coming dude” from the Cardinals and our staff last year. Some people are just wanting to be mad and whine/complain. We promoted Morgan who was “up and coming” and it was a bad idea. We fired another VP from that staff who was also “up and coming” and it was a bad idea. 
Tell me what did Wilson do with the Cards and our last season that makes you want us to keep him so bad? 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Just because we think you are overreacting and being dramatic like you always do, doesn’t mean we are “simping for the teppers.” 
You are literally proving my point in this response about promoting Morgan and firing an “up and coming dude” from the Cardinals and our staff last year. Some people are just wanting to be mad and whine/complain. We promoted Morgan who was “up and coming” and it was a bad idea. We fired another VP from that staff who was also “up and coming” and it was a bad idea. 
Tell me what did Wilson do with the Cards and our last season that makes you want us to keep him so bad? 

I could give two shits about wilson.   However his firing just shows more of the same with tepper and co.  Keep simping though I am entertained. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I could give two shits about wilson.   However his firing just shows more of the same with tepper and co.  Keep simping though I am entertained. 

Lol oh you are certainly upset. Sorry we aren’t keeping the same front office as last year. You will be ok though, I promise.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why exactly did they think it was a great idea to hire a guy off the fuging Cardinals office anyway? Aside from him being a local guy. Also why is that Cole Spencer dude still lingering around? He's like the Ian Thomas of the FO. This whole thing is still a mess regardless of Canales and Morgan having a bond or something

I'll just say, he was a great player in his career. Seemed to be a quality individual. So why would they be opposed to trying him out in his home area post playing career? Because he was drafted by losers? 

Edited by strato

47 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So lets clean house after our worst season ever by promoting the right hand man to GM.  Makes perfect sense.   So we hire a up and coming dude 18 months ago and then fire him 2 weeks before TC.  Yeah if someone is still defending this disorganized mess of a franchise then they probably need to be committed.  I cannot imagine simping for the fuging teppers after everything we now no.  But you guys do your thing

Hey, don’t misread my statement. I was pretty clear that I wanted all the coaches and Fitterer’s staff gone. I only was saying that Wilson leaving is meaningless and all the OMG stuff is silly. No real up and coming stars came to Carolina so losing Wilson isn’t keeping us from doing better. Our future rests on what Canales can do with the young guys and at QB (improve Young or prove he’s not the guy) and what Morgan’s drafting will be.

Also, in the past few years as the director/VP of scouting for the Cardinals, what did Wilson do to make him an up and comer? Scouting Murray and Isiah Simmons? Tre McBride in the 2nd looks like their best value draft pick in Wilson’s unbelievably amazing 4 years at the head of scouting for that juggernaut drafting Cardinals team. Again, we like to puff up people to make Tepper and co look worse. No need to make Wilson look better than he was to make the last 6 years look worse.

• Pie 2

this is interesting, it feels like if they were going to fire him they would have done it already but he was on blueprint looking excited about the draft. If i had to guess he did something non football related that got him fired. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, countryboi said:

this is interesting, it feels like if they were going to fire him they would have done it already but he was on blueprint looking excited about the draft. If i had to guess he did something non football related that got him fired. 

“Consistent with our organizational policy on employee matters, we will have no further comment.” Makes it appear it could be a personal issue of some sort. He could even have a sick family member he wanted to move closer to, hindering him from his job. Who knows?? Again I don’t think this is anything groundbreaking despite some of the reactions on here. 

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Y'all sure are prone to overreacting. I guess that's a coping mechanism.

I mean, there's a definite trend here. It is what it is. A revolving door of personnel and losses piling up. That's been the story of the Tepper era so far.

• Pie 1