• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper's revolving door continues

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would assume so.  If he got another job, I would expect to hear about that.  If he stepped down I would think there would be an article about how he resigned and wants to go fishing or whatever.  This seems like a firing and they're hoping nobody would notice.

Very possible. It's 50/50 to me whether he got fired or just noped out and will figure out what he wants to do next without having to deal with the bullshit he was having to deal with. It's not like the guy is hurting for money. Being able to just walk away from a bad situation because you're not financially obligated to bring home a paycheck is what "fug you money" is all about.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very possible. It's 50/50 to me whether he got fired or just noped out and will figure out what he wants to do next without having to deal with the bullshit he was having to deal with. It's not like the guy is hurting for money. Being able to just walk away from a bad situation because you're not financially obligated to bring home a paycheck is what "fug you money" is all about.

yeah but quitting right before the season starts wouldnt be a good look and the league would probably frown on that in regards to trying to get another position.  This feels like what PNW said that they fired him and hoped nobody noticed

Posted (edited)

Probably just a parting of ways like most regime change. (Voluntary or not)

Kevin Winston looks to be the new Player guy and he’s been doing this for years with the Falcons and Bucs prior to coming to Charlotte.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Odd? Just seems like business as usual for Tepper's Panthers.

How you going to build any consistency when you hire shtty people year after year.... it just wash, rinse repeat... I would really be hard pressed to bet on when we'll ever have a winning season with this guy.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yeah but quitting right before the season starts wouldnt be a good look and the league would probably frown on that in regards to trying to get another position.  This feels like what PNW said that they fired him and hoped nobody noticed

Don't think that the rest of the league doesn't see the same thing we do. It's like looking at a resume as a hiring manager and seeing that someone left their last job quickly and before you can even ask them about it you see who they were working for and you're like "Oh, I see. Yeah, we all know that place is a fuging poo show."

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Don't think that the rest of the league doesn't see the same thing we do. It's like looking at a resume as a hiring manager and seeing that someone left their last job quickly and before you can even ask them about it you see who they were working for and you're like "Oh, I see. Yeah, we all know that place is a fuging poo show."

Interviewer : "Is tepper really that bad?"

Wilson: This_is_fine.png?ssl=1

• Flames 4

We have no idea what's going on. Maybe fired, maybe took a different job, maybe decided to get out of the game to spend more time with family. Could be anything.

Let's move on. It's not like any of us were really stoked about what was going on in his office. Most of us had never given it a thought.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We have no idea what's going on. Maybe fired, maybe took a different job, maybe decided to get out of the game to spend more time with family. Could be anything.

Let's move on. It's not like any of us were really stoked about what was going on in his office. Most of us had never given it a thought.

This is just more of the same. It's always a revolving door at Tepper Sports and Entertainment.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

In the absence of info, yeah. We don’t know it had anything to dop with Tepper. We were told nothing.

If it were health related, we might have been told. But maybe not. We just do not know why he is no longer in the job.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, strato said:

In the absence of info, yeah. We don’t know it had anything to dop with Tepper. We were told nothing.

If it were health related, we might have been told. But maybe not. We just do not know why he is no longer in the job.

All we know is that this just continues a trend.

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This. Quitting at this stage would be a terrible career move. I guess he could have a family matter, but 90% chance he was fired.