• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camry,accord,Malibu,fusion...

panther4life

no doubt that Hyundai has come a long long way. Problem they have is for so many years they built nothing but poo and it will take time for people to forget that. They make some great cars now for sure. That being said, you can't beat the resale value of a Honda or Toyota!

resale value sucks on all cars. Percentage wise anh hyundai 08 foward stands very strong resale wise versus anyone else.

Hyundai came here in 86 and made poo cars for poo price 3995...they continued that trend until about 99 (year the 10k warranty came out)....quality came on strong starting in 06 and hasnt looked back since. Hyundais now reach as much as 44k but for that 44k you can get more car. Hyundai is the best bang for the buck and if your really really worried about resale, then take advantage of their killer lease deals.

I could argue the least part...I put far too many miles on to even consider leasing! In my opinion, yes, they have come a long long way for sure. That said, I'm a die hard Honda owner and probably always will be!

I've got several friends with Hyundai's and Kia's and on every single one of them, the AC sucks balls.

That's the one thing that just can't happen in Texas.

I have been with Hyundai for 4 years...first i ever heard of that complaint..as far as kia goes, Hyundai assumed all of their debt in exchange for tax breaks from the korean goverment,otherwise they would be a part of ford. Kia's will always be less expensive due to lower quality parts. Their engines are now stronger because Hyundai hooked them up there and gave them the 10 year 100k warranty. 1 other good thing Hyundai did is they share a design facility for Kias too, so they now look better as well.

But overall quality wise kias just arent up to par and I wouldnt even try to make a case for them.

Hyundai has been on our list of cars to look at for my son - there's not as much headroom in them as some of the other ones - the brand new ones are ok, but he can't afford those.

When I went to Carmax once and we told the guy Honda or Toyota and I would consider a Hyundai, that guy told us that Hyundais were really up there now in quality, but that they weren't trying to compete with Honda and Toyota - they wanted to compete with Lexus and Acura. When you put one side by side with a Honda or Toyota in the same price point, you can definitely tell that as far as all the bells and whistles they have - they are more comparable with the Lexus.

Resale value? It's important.

A couple years before the Big 3 took a poo Chrysler Finance stoped offering leases on their own vehicles. Knew they sucked balls so bad they did not want them back at the end of a lease becaues a 22k PT cruiser is worth 12k in 3 years.

Resale value tells all.

Hyundai has been on our list of cars to look at for my son - there's not as much headroom in them as some of the other ones - the brand new ones are ok, but he can't afford those.

When I went to Carmax once and we told the guy Honda or Toyota and I would consider a Hyundai, that guy told us that Hyundais were really up there now in quality, but that they weren't trying to compete with Honda and Toyota - they wanted to compete with Lexus and Acura. When you put one side by side with a Honda or Toyota in the same price point, you can definitely tell that as far as all the bells and whistles they have - they are more comparable with the Lexus.

My wife an I have owned Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans. However, my current Hyundai Azerra is BY FAR the best car we have ever owned. Had it for 4 years and have not had a single problem. Runs great, tons of options, great price, and fast as crap.

Not to mention that their full bumper to bumper warranty is 5 years and 60,000 miles....much better than the standard 3 years and 36,000 miles for most other brands.

I would HIGHLY recommend it if anyone is looking for a nice sedan.

Archived