• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toyota Camry deal

Ja  Rhule

The American made vs Japanese made stigma is a myth now? I would love to see that substantiated with facts and truths.

Its a myth because there is no such thing as American or Japanese made anymore. The Corolla that my wife drives was made in California, while many of the parts of the Mercury that she use to drive were made in Canada.

Its a myth because there is no such thing as American or Japanese made anymore. The Corolla that my wife drives was made in California, while many of the parts of the Mercury that she use to drive were made in Canada.

i think it has little to do with nationality of who is actually putting it together, but more an issue of who , corporately, makes good products. For years, the Japanese companies have made much better vehicles, in design, function and reliability. Face it, most American car companies have produced garbage products for their home market with some exceptions.

OMG, don't suddenly turn into an idiot on me, Deac. Do you think it's the squinty eyes that makes their cars so vastly superior to ours? Are you really going to go down that path, dude? It doesn't matter the color of the skin turning the wrench. But the level and depth of engineering is superior to ours, whether you like it or not and whether you want to admit it or not.

Thats four years old, how about something a bit more recent.

Ford takes the top spot from Toyota in quality ratings

Ford Motor Co. supplanted Toyota as leader of the pack in J.D. Power and Associates’ annual initial quality rankings released Wednesday, grabbing more individual awards than any other automaker for the first time since 1998, when it tied for the top spot.

Ford quality improvements helping market share

Ford's Lincoln brand trailed only Porsche in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Vehicle Dependability Study to be released Thursday. Lincoln owners reported problems at a rate of 114 per 100 vehicles during the first three years of ownership, slightly higher than the 110 rate reported by Porsche owners. Buick and Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus brand tied for third at 115.

OMG, don't suddenly turn into an idiot on me, Deac. Do you think it's the squinty eyes that makes their cars so vastly superior to ours? Are you really going to go down that path, dude? It doesn't matter the color of the skin turning the wrench. But the level and depth of engineering is superior to ours, whether you like it or not and whether you want to admit it or not.

Huh? I said there are no more american made cars, or Japanese made cars or anything of that sort. I imagine that the engineering and design departments for all the manufacturers is mulitcultural. But your response was nonsensical.

Is it so hard for you to admit that Ford is making really good cars now, maybe better than their japanese counterparts?

I know and recognize that Ford is making very quality cars right now. I rode in one of their new Taurus models last week and thought it was very, very posh. Nice and smooth ride. Unfortunately, Ford is the only American manufacturer right now that can stack up against the Hondas/Toyotas/Nissans of the world...

I know and recognize that Ford is making very quality cars right now. I rode in one of their new Taurus models last week and thought it was very, very posh. Nice and smooth ride. Unfortunately, Ford is the only American manufacturer right now that can stack up against the Hondas/Toyotas/Nissans of the world...

So you agree that 50% of american auto manufacturers are as good or better than there Japanese counterparts. Since there are only two american auto companies now or at least will be when the Dodge Fiat deal is complete.

Archived