• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toyota Camry deal

Ja  Rhule

I'm lucky that my son cares more about a car that has enough headroom than anything else.....well except good gas mileage. He's still in college so those are his only 2 things he care about.

Yeah I'm looking for a sporty hatchback, and there are few of them to speak of any more.

My son doesn't come close to fitting in anything that is a sporty hatchback. He can't even fit into a sedan with a sunroof - and yes, we've tried all kinds. He's been to Carmax on more than one occasion just to "try on cars" to see what fits. We tell the people there - we have absolutely no intention on buying today, we just need to see what to consider when he''s ready to buy.

Definately a great time to buy a Toyota me thinks. They're hurting unlike any other time of course so they're very aggresive on financing, pricing and lease. Toyota gambled by not being more proactive and lost but they make a great car the current issue aside. Take advantage of them while you can. Honda by the way is also offering some great deals to fight the Toyota deals, kind of a good time to be a consumer in a weird sort of way.

RedMage, there is no doubt that Toyotas in the 90's were very well built cars. But I think Toyota got a little lazy and quality started to suffer over the last few years. Its anyone's guess as to whether a 2010 Camry will last as long as the earlier ones did.

I think this is true. In the past Honda's and Toyota's were 40% more reliable than their American made competitors. Now that difference is 3-4%, which falls within the margin or error. The belief that Japanese cars are of superior quality is now a myth.

I think this is true. In the past Honda's and Toyota's were 40% more reliable than their American made competitors. Now that difference is 3-4%, which falls within the margin or error. The belief that Japanese cars are of superior quality is now a myth.

But how much of that has to do with the fact that a lot of those cars are now built here?

I'm a Consumer Reports junkie, and when you look at their yearly car buying issue in the used section, the reliability data of different aspects of the cars are gathered together by surveys sent to their members each year - huge surveys - about the products their own. Based on that, I disagree that the reliability of American vs Japanese cars being a myth. When you look at the data submitted by the owners of the various cars, the difference is dramatic. American cars are making improvement, and you'll find some newer models of different makes come close or be equivalent to some of the Japanese makes, but overall, they don't compare.

Normally I don't pay quite as much attention to this detail, but since we're shopping for a used car right now, I've been doing my homework.

I'm also looking for a new car right now but Toyota is way low on my list. They just don't make an appealing car for a 22 year old male right now.

I'm 24 and I do not see any problem with toyota. I like the way the car looks inside and outside.

I went through yahoo customer reviews and it seems customers satisfied more with toyota than honda nova days. I own honda right now and I feel like I need a change.

I'm 24 and I do not see any problem with toyota. I like the way the car looks inside and outside.

I went through yahoo customer reviews and it seems customers satisfied more with toyota than honda nova days. I own honda right now and I feel like I need a change.

Toyota doesn't really make anything that's even decently sporty right now. Especially in a hatchback. All they have is the Yaris and it's waaaaaaay to small for a guy like me.

Archived