• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toyota Camry deal

Ja  Rhule

I'm planning on buying toyota camry V6. I checked autotrader and they seem to be a lil pricy for me ($24,000). Someone told me I could probably get it for about $20,000 right now. Anyone have any idea if this is true?

I talked to people at Crown Honda. They have a very good deal on their cars. First, they deduct $1,000 of sticker price, then they deduct another 9%, plus if you finance through them, they'll give you 1.9% interest rate for 60 months. Thats about $5,000 one can save.

Make sure you keep your car insurance paid up. You might want to try turing off the key during the test drive in case the accelerator sticks, to see if it stops the car. Oh, you may want beef up the seat belts to a NASCAR style 5-6 point system as well!

Other than that, good luck!

The Camrys they sell now all have been re-called and fixed. You shouldn't have any problems with them. They have been recommended by Consumer Reports for a while now (after the first model year of the new body style which had some problems) so you're probably getting a great deal and a car that will last a long time. My 93 V6 Camry is still running strong with over 260,000 miles on it.

RedMage, there is no doubt that Toyotas in the 90's were very well built cars. But I think Toyota got a little lazy and quality started to suffer over the last few years. Its anyone's guess as to whether a 2010 Camry will last as long as the earlier ones did.

Well right now you can only look at how this model has done in the past and Consumer Reports has recommended it 3 years running so I'd say it's a pretty safe choice.

Toyota has had the accelerator problem for years now and there so called fix dose not work all the time according to my auto shop guy. He said that the insert falls out most of the time. He tells me that all cars have issues but Toyota is the only one that will kill you.

The Camrys they sell now all have been re-called and fixed. You shouldn't have any problems with them. They have been recommended by Consumer Reports for a while now (after the first model year of the new body style which had some problems) so you're probably getting a great deal and a car that will last a long time. My 93 V6 Camry is still running strong with over 260,000 miles on it.

They actually did not recommend those 8 Toyotas this year in the annual car buying guide this year, but with an explanation that they are suspending recommendations until all problems have been resolved. The magazine was going to press when right in the middle recall of the 2.3 million of those vehicles.

That being said - we're looking for used cars for my son right now and Toyota is high on our list. I'm a Honda girl myself.

They actually did not recommend those 8 Toyotas this year in the annual car buying guide this year, but with an explanation that they are suspending recommendations until all problems have been resolved. The magazine was going to press when right in the middle recall of the 2.3 million of those vehicles.

That being said - we're looking for used cars for my son right now and Toyota is high on our list. I'm a Honda girl myself.

I'm also looking for a new car right now but Toyota is way low on my list. They just don't make an appealing car for a 22 year old male right now.

Archived