• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings draft pick dies in car crash

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Terrible 

He was the type that always kept a great lawn religiously, along with the flower bed/landscaping. He ALWAYS(I think I beat him twice in over ten years)beat me mowing and I seen his grass was the tallest Id ever seen it. I just went over and cut it slowly. Talked to him a few days later and he told me the horrific news. Bunch of his 1st cousins, young nieces and nephews many of whom he'd never seen......The van not only got in a wreck but also caught fire along with other cars headed to the gathering. 

So it was heavy on his mind and this was a wwII vet whom was in the fight. He thanked me for mowing his lawn and I made sure to not mess up while taking extra time. I always removed limbs for his lawn and knew it was his baby. Did it once more and somehow he got back into swing of normal duties. He moved about year later, he still had 80% of his hair and was a solid 215 LBs. 

22 hours ago, strato said:

Wouldn't the judge in DUI #8 bear some culpability? Ditto for DUI judge #7. It isn’t just her, I mean she has shown everyone what she is about; telling her no doesn’t work. 

That would depend on the law/requirements in the state of conviction.  At that point, I would think that mandatory sentencing should kick in.  

On 7/8/2024 at 9:15 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

My son in law was almost killed by a drunk driver. His friend walking down the sidewalk next to him was when a woman with 9 DUIs ran off the road. She had used her kid, who was in the car, to blow the breath meter to start it. Un-freaking-believable. Her family thought the punishment was harsh when she got 30 years. 

They thought it was harsh?

That's lenient to me, it should have been life.

If you have 9 DUIs (which in itself is just ABSURD, but won't get into that here) and use your child to get past the breathalyzer and end up killing someone, you don't deserve to be free again.  

So a Vikings player is killed in a crash by a drunk driver, then 10 days later one of their players is arrested for a DUI because he was passed out asleep, behind the wheel, while on the LA freeway.

Wow, no words

If that wasn't one of their main players, he'd be cut immediately, but I'm sure they won't do that with his potential.