• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Martavis Bryant has had contact with Panthers

Posted (edited)
  • Usually this type of thing is someone asking for a favor, getting a tryout.
  • Who is here that was connected with him when he was in Pittsburgh, besides Tepper? (okay maybe he was not not there who am I thinking of?)
  • Somehow I got this in bullet points and can’t find how to change it. Oh well...
Edited by strato

47 minutes ago, csx said:

Another situation where a number of you didn't read the linked article but jumped to conclusions.

No, we are just talking about it in theory, same as we would do for anyone "linked" to us via pure speculation or actual interest.

I don't think anyone here actually believes this is a real possibility. 

After all, who in the world does this guy beat out? I genuinely think TMJ and Mingo are busts but at least you have the slim hope of the light switch being flipped. What is the hope for an early 30's WR that has been out of the NFL for years and had very modest production at multiple lower levels of football.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

No, we are just talking about it in theory, same as we would do for anyone "linked" to us via pure speculation or actual interest.

I don't think anyone here actually believes this is a real possibility. 

After all, who in the world does this guy beat out? I genuinely think TMJ and Mingo are busts but at least you have the slim hope of the light switch being flipped. What is the hope for an early 30's WR that has been out of the NFL for years and had very modest production at multiple lower levels of football.

'Bryant was reinstated last November from an indefinite suspension that was put in place while he was playing for the Raiders during the 2018 season.'

20 fugging 18. LOL. It's just funny to me that Caldwell was hanging with him at an event. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

'Bryant was reinstated last November from an indefinite suspension that was put in place while he was playing for the Raiders during the 2018 season.'

20 fugging 18. LOL. It's just funny to me that Caldwell was hanging with him at an event. 

Hanging with him?

The entire story came from Bryant mentioning some likr passing words they had. It's Bryant promoting himself 

10 hours ago, csx said:

Hanging with him?

The entire story came from Bryant mentioning some likr passing words they had. It's Bryant promoting himself 

Maybe you should read the article?

21 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If I remember right he was a big bodied, jump ball type WR. If he has stayed in good shape his age shouldn’t hurt him too much as he was never a speed guy. He might have a hard time staying healthy though…

Bryant IMO was easily the most physically talented WR IMO that has come out of Clemson.   Just didn't have it above the shoulders to prioritize football.   He had it all.  

But dude hasn't played in the NFL in a half decade.  It's pointless to talk about him IMO.  But I hope he is in a better path these days. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryant IMO was easily the most physically talented WR IMO that has come out of Clemson.   Just didn't have it above the shoulders to prioritize football.   He had it all.  

But dude hasn't played in the NFL in a half decade.  It's pointless to talk about him IMO.  But I hope he is in a better path these days. 

Oh I doubt he gets offered. I’m just saying his style of play with his size brings more injury concerns with age than drop off of skill. I also doubt he is in NFL shape anyway. If we threw him a minimum contract he probably doesn’t make the 53 man cut. 

20 hours ago, csx said:

Another situation where a number of you didn't read the linked article but jumped to conclusions.

I didn’t read the article. OP should include some sort of summary or a few points for those who don’t want to click links.

Posted (edited)

image.png.f138b8fa7290d3820c59d86800c2964d.png

Looks like he just mentioned a conversation with Jim Caldwell. There's nothing of substance otherwise.

But hey, don't let that stop the misery! 😄

Some of y'all do realize that just clicking and reading will save you more time than immediately having an emotional response... right?

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

I didn't realize he was in the XFL this past year.  Wonder how he did there.  I mean, the dude was a freak.  I thought he was out of football and thus way way out of shape.  I mean, not saying we should, but if he has been playing he might be worth a camp tire kick for some team.