• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Martavis Bryant has had contact with Panthers

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn't realize he was in the XFL this past year.  Wonder how he did there.  I mean, the dude was a freak.  I thought he was out of football and thus way way out of shape.  I mean, not saying we should, but if he has been playing he might be worth a camp tire kick for some team. 

It looks like halfway through the season he had 12 receptions for 146 yards and 0 TDs. Doesn’t look good for him…

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/04/martavis-bryants-debut-xfl-season-has-been-disappointing/

48 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn't realize he was in the XFL this past year.  Wonder how he did there.  I mean, the dude was a freak.  I thought he was out of football and thus way way out of shape.  I mean, not saying we should, but if he has been playing he might be worth a camp tire kick for some team. 

Basically nothing. The stats were extremely unimpressive(posted in this thread).

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Basically nothing. The stats were extremely unimpressive(posted in this thread).

Makes sense...if he had never left the league he would already have a decade in the rearview.  So physically even if he kept his head on his shoulders.....he is in the physical decline window.  And that's all there was to bet on with him.  Those physical tools.  Nothing to bet on then. 

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)

If you click on the link there is a video this article is based on. He had a zoom meeting with Caldwell.

I just wanted to save that so I could come back and laugh at all the people that don't think it's still a clown show. Here is that video.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If you click on the link there is a video this article is based on. He had a zoom meeting with Caldwell.

I just wanted to save that so I could come back and laugh at all the people that don't think it's still a clown show. Here is that video.

Did you include the correct link? That doesn't depict anything negative.

The Huddle is the clown show

Edited by csx

15 hours ago, csx said:

Did you include the correct link? That doesn't depict anything negative.

The Huddle is the clown show

It shows that he had a meeting on Friday after their Monday event via zoom. So Caldwell is allowing him to be linked to the organization through him. He is a senior assistant that was a voice in hiring the HC and now reports directly to him. With the VP of pro-personnel leaving mysteriously at the same time this crap is happening is pretty funny to me. 

The Huddle is more of a clown show with you here for sure.

I don’t know why it’s a big deal to anyone. If you have had a prior connection with someone in the game that could help you get back in, you are going to mine that. Even if that guy doesn’t think it will work, he thinks he needs to show you the respect of being sure. Or tells yu they are set but a workout so we know, just in case. That is pretty common. 

What else is there here? 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t know why it’s a big deal to anyone. If you have had a prior connection with someone in the game that could help you get back in, you are going to mine that. Even if that guy doesn’t think it will work, he thinks he needs to show you the respect of being sure. Or tells yu they are set but a workout so we know, just in case. That is pretty common. 

What else is there here? 

Just bored offseason nonsense. They should be looking under every stone to try to upgrade this roster. Our team shouldn’t be looking down those noses at any potential player at this point. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

It shows that he had a meeting on Friday after their Monday event via zoom. So Caldwell is allowing him to be linked to the organization through him. He is a senior assistant that was a voice in hiring the HC and now reports directly to him. With the VP of pro-personnel leaving mysteriously at the same time this crap is happening is pretty funny to me. 

Nobody had yet to explain how this is a bad thing. You are trying  hard but not making any sense.

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

He is a senior assistant that was a voice in hiring the HC and now reports directly to him.

but does he? 

I mean, if Jim Caldwell was paired up with Tepper to decide to hire Dan Morgan and Dave Canales.....who does he really report to. 

I wish Caldwell wasn't here or part of that.  With all the surviving Game of Thrones talk and folks running to Tepper....I don't like the optics with Jim Caldwell.  It's sort of hard to deny through the chaos he rose the Panther ladder. 

Image result for chaos is a ladder gif

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, CRA said:

but does? 

I mean, if Jim Caldwell was paired up with Tepper to decide to hire Dan Morgan and Dave Canales.....who does he really report to. 

I wish Caldwell wasn't here or part of that.  With all the surviving Game of Thrones talk and folks running to Tepper....I don't like the optics with Jim Caldwell.  It's sort of hard to deny through the chaos he rose the Panther ladder. 

Image result for chaos is a ladder gif

Yeah I’m not a fan of keeping Caldwell either. Unless Canales absolutely wanted him as an advisor which I doubt. No one from the offensive side of the ball from last year should still be here. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

The video was fairly clear in stating that Bryant reached out for the meeting and that the Panthers are not interested in adding another WR.

I can understand frustration over the last 8yrs of losing, but this was just sports media trying to ragebait.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I’m not a fan of keeping Caldwell either. Unless Canales absolutely wanted him as an advisor which I doubt. No one from the offensive side of the ball from last year should still be here. 

Tepper's always gotta hang onto somebody for too long.  First it was Marty.  Then it was Rhule.  Then it was Fitterer.  Now its Jim Caldwell.

• Pie 1