• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Tepper may not be the richest (individual) owner in the NFL for long

57 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

that's why I threw "individual" into the subject line. The owner group for the Commanders and the Broncos combined have more money than Tepp.

So does the Hunt family that owns the chiefs.  

6 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I am amazed at the sensible approach your statement had then the amount of shits you got for it. Blows my mind but then I remember the type world we live in today where "im jealous of everyone super rich so they must all be all bad since they wont give me any of it" is the entitled mindset of many today. Dont like it they are fuggin billionaires? Then go make a billion dollars yourselves if you dont like it and are so damn jealous. Great post!

Who mentioned anything about money?

I said they are bad people. When you have that kind of power you tend to be a jerk. It's common that most rich people think they are above everyone else.

It's why these owners always get caught up in some scandal. There are more than we know about trust me. Some pay off people to keep quiet. Hell we already dealt with it with JR. My issue is not with their wealth. My issue is what that wealth brings which can be some evil tendencies...

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I said they are bad people. When you have that kind of power you tend to be a jerk. It's common that most rich people think they are above everyone else.

It's why these owners always get caught up in some scandal. There are more than we know about trust me. Some pay off people to keep quiet. Hell we already dealt with it with JR. My issue is not with their wealth. My issue is what that wealth brings which can be some evil tendencies...

It's not really a product of the money. Most people that end up being ultra wealthy are geared a certain way.

• Pie 4

13 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

Walton is Walmart money and he owns the Broncos  

Harris owns the skins… Teppers worth is 3x that of Harris and the kicker is that most of it is liquid cash.  Thats why he didn’t need an investment group… he stroked a check for over 2 Bs when he bought the panthers.  That’s rare even for mega rich people. 

I hate the teppers probably more then most on here but you have to acknowledge paying straight 2.2 billion in cash for the panthers is as baller move as it gets.   Dude didnt even flinch and then proceeds to basically double his net worth in the next 5 years.

Terrible terrible owner but a damn incredibly savvy business man

• Beer 3

15 hours ago, Basbear said:

the main player that bought the commies has more coins than tepper. I believe it was a Walton family member, they are like the OG Microsoft tree....lots of limbs with billions and millions. 

It's a combination of Walton family members that bought thr broncos tepp is individually wealthier than any one of them.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I am amazed at the sensible approach your statement had then the amount of shits you got for it. Blows my mind but then I remember the type world we live in today where "im jealous of everyone super rich so they must all be all bad since they wont give me any of it" is the entitled mindset of many today. Dont like it they are fuggin billionaires? Then go make a billion dollars yourselves if you dont like it and are so damn jealous. Great post!

Human values are turned upside down. Back in the 50s, the top dawg on the ladder made average made about 10 times more than those on the lowest rung. The majority of people (mainly white men, if we're honest) could still support their families working one job while getting an honest day's pay for an honest day of work. They could afford a home and transportation---nothing fancy, but a comfortable lifestyle. Now we have families that can't even afford food, much less a home and decent transportation (and let's not even begin to talk health care).

But greed took root, special interests and PACs took over, Corporations were equated to a person by crooked courts, and basically everything than to go to Hell, and that's where our society is headed. Reaganomics took root, a.k.a. trickle-down economics, and obscene wealth disparities began to develop and now the wealth gap is insanely huge and increasing, as many many people can't even make ends meet. People are actually working more than ever; we have a highly productive society (and world), but now even the working-class---middle-class (or whatever you want to call it) is feeling the economic pain that people at or near the bottom have been feeling, and it's all because billionaires have stacked the deck in their favor by stacking Congress and the courts with Plutocrats and wannabe-billionaires in order to continue receiving their corporate welfare to the detriment of hard working people.

These people are self-centered and self-entitled and use all manner of instruments to divide and conquer, all so that they can live to excess while others struggle. There is no rightness, righteousness or justice in that. It is hypocrisy of the highest order.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

There’s a well known saying that goes: money amplifies who you are.

A large percentage of people, if given everything they wanted, would be jerks.

• Pie 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TD alt said:

Human values are turned upside down. Back in the 50s, the top dawg on the ladder made average made about 10 times more than those on the lowest rung. The majority of people (mainly white men, if we're honest) could still support their families working one job while getting an honest day's pay for an honest day of work. They could afford a home and transportation---nothing fancy, but a comfortable lifestyle. Now we have families that can't even afford food, much less a home and decent transportation (and let's not even begin to talk health care).

But greed took root, special interests and PACs took over, Corporations were equated to a person by crooked courts, and basically everything than to go to Hell, and that's where our society is headed. Reaganomics took root, a.k.a. trickle-down economics, and obscene wealth disparities began to develop and now the wealth gap is insanely huge and increasing, as many many people can't even make ends meet. People are actually working more than ever; we have a highly productive society (and world), but now even the working-class---middle-class (or whatever you want to call it) is feeling the economic pain that people at or near the bottom have been feeling, and it's all because billionaires have stacked the deck in their favor by stacking Congress and the courts with Plutocrats and wannabe-billionaires in order to continue receiving their corporate welfare to the detriment of hard working people.

These people are self-centered and self-entitled and use all manner of instruments to divide and conquer, all so that they can live to excess while others struggle. There is no rightness, righteousness or justice in that. It is hypocrisy of the highest order.

What a huge steaming novel long pile of horse poo you just posted here, congratulations. You should take this to the tender box with the rest of the self proclaimed crusaders/activists doing nothing to help society in real life other than politically bitching on a message board from their gated communities while sitting on their fighting iPhone 30's.

So to sum it all up what you just said...."If they are rich then they must all be evil assholes and hurt people to get there" if how I'm interpreting that 6 thousand word bull poo political rant is basically correct? I'm not saying every owner and every billionaire in the world is a wonderful human being and we can all safely figure they are not but come on man, this bull poo of every billionaire is bad because they are a billionaire is absolutely ridiculous sounding. So by that train of thought is every poor person a criminal? Of course not. Your post comes off as angry and jealous because a company or because an individual has money and if they have had success then they must all be bad. What a bunch of poo. Jealousy is a mother fugger isn't it sir.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Poo 3

On 7/5/2024 at 11:05 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yes because there has never been a middle class person or a poor person caught up in any scandal before. Money does not make an asshole an asshole. Being a stupid asshole makes someone a stupid asshole whether they have power or not. There are assholes with wealth and power and there are assholes with no wealth and no power. Just my observation and opinion but what the hell do I know anyhow. 

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

What a huge steaming novel long pile of horse poo you just posted here, congratulations. You should take this to the tender box with the rest of the self proclaimed crusaders/activists doing nothing to help society in real life other than politically bitching on a message board from their gated communities while sitting on their fighting iPhone 30's.

So to sum it all up what you just said...."If they are rich then they must all be evil assholes and hurt people to get there" if how I'm interpreting that 6 thousand word bull poo political rant is basically correct? I'm not saying every owner and every billionaire in the world is a wonderful human being and we can all safely figure they are not but come on man, this bull poo of every billionaire is bad because they are a billionaire is absolutely ridiculous sounding. So by that train of thought is every poor person a criminal? Of course not. Your post comes off as angry and jealous because a company or because an individual has money and if they have had success then they must all be bad. What a bunch of poo. Jealousy is a mother fugger isn't it sir.

Nothing is absolute. All billionaires aren't bad, just like any other class of people. Thoughtless and heartless, maybe. I don't know. But some of the things that have gone on, if I were rich I just wouldn't do it, especially if I were a so-called Christian. The Bible says it's easier for a camel to get through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. Hmmm, I wonder why. It also says that the road to Heaven is narrow, but the road to destruction is wide. Hmmm, again. No anger, just very sober of thought. 

Truth hurts! I don't know how you got anger or jealousy out of that, but you're off base. I wasn't angry when I posted as much as I was sober. The reason why you're quick to call it an angry rant and call me jealous is because you don't want to acknowledge the truth in the post, or really address the problems. You're happy and content with the status quo. I wonder why. Moreover, the reason why I don't do the tenderbox is because of the rampant dishonesty within it. It's a waste of time, just like Twitter for the most part. You can't have an honest discussion with dishonest people with blinders on. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TD alt said:

Nothing is absolute. All billionaires aren't bad, just like any other class of people. Thoughtless and heartless, maybe. I don't know. But some of the things that have gone on, if I were rich I just wouldn't do it, especially if I were a so-called Christian. The Bible says it's easier for a camel to get through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven. Hmmm, I wonder why. It also says that the road to Heaven is narrow, but the road to destruction is wide. Hmmm, again. No anger, just very sober of thought. 

Truth hurts! I don't know how you got anger or jealousy out of that, but you're off base. I wasn't angry when I posted as much as I was sober. The reason why you're quick to call it an angry rant and call me jealous is because you don't want to acknowledge the truth in the post, or really address the problems. You're happy and content with the status quo. I wonder why. Moreover, the reason why I don't do the tenderbox is because of the rampant dishonesty within it. It's a waste of time, just like Twitter for the most part. You can't have an honest discussion with dishonest people with blinders on. 

I don't want to acknowledge truth in your post? The truth is it's a case by case basis with everything and everyone. You can't just label and judge someone or something without even knowing them. It's like saying a mean dog bites an old lady down the street so all dogs must bite old ladies and be mean. 

Well we can agree on the tinderbox to an extent at least possibly. Huge collection of hypocritical political rants where virtually nobody is doing anything to make the work better around them other than complain and run their mouths on how much they supposedly know. Due to my opinion overall of it and it's inhabitants is everyone the same there? Highly doubtful. Are they all what I would consider neck bearded losers? Of course not. My obvious bias clouds my judgement of them. 

No point here. I can see you and I would probably never see the same side of anything political and it's a boring conversation anyhow. Does it make you a bad person because you dont agree with me? Not at all. Your heart is in it for the right reasons so it means just the opposite and shows the good in you. Im no billionaire myself but just don't feel you can judge every last billionaire as being bad if you haven't met them all and lived life around them to see them do all of this supposed bad. Are there bad ones in anything in life? Most definitely. I'm not in the habit of judging everyone before I meet them and establishing prejudice right off the bat towards others (other than my obvious tinderbox bias admittedly a negative trait of mine I must work on) but everyone is free to judge as they see fit of course. Good day

Edited by Ricky Prickles