• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

anyone getting an IPad?

TheSaint

Can you ten finger type on it like a normal qwerty keyboard, or is it still a two finger deal?

that was a big concern of mine...the keyboard. I tried it to enter a few different http addresses. It worked much better than i was expecting.

im not an Apple person. The only apple thing ive ever owned is an iPod. And honestly, im not a huge fan of the itunes and how it handles music. I just think this thing my fill a need for me. Maybe a netbook woudl work, but if they are anywhere near the same price, id pick the Ipad i think. Again, i might try and wait a year.

This sh*ts all backwards...If they came out with the Ipad several years ago then released the itouch people would have flipped out.

Holy Smokes...an ipad that fits in my pocket?!?!?

That has never stopped apple before. With there cult following they will have major sells even if they put out a analog calculator right now.

I'm not big on it sure (and I'm an iPhone and Mac owner), but tonight at the bar during the Final Four the commercial came on and the middle age woman beside me immediately said, "Oooo, I want that."

This is what computers will all look like in 3 years.

My dad seems really intrigued. I think it's a good multi-media device for movies, music, and web surfing but I wouldn't pay 800 bucks for one, which is the only one that will be worth anything. Nobody is going to get the cheapest one. You're going to need all the bells and whistles to really enjoy the thing. Otherwise is just a kindle with fancy clothes.

For me it's just and awkward size. It's not bulky like a laptop but it's WAYYY too big to carry on you without some sort of case or bag. If they give you a case for it in any metropolitan area that just screams "mug me".

The iphone and other smartphones are great because it fits in your pocket. I couldn't bring an ipad with me to work to surf the net on my break.

It would work great at home, except at home I have my laptop which is better. You don't need it to be ultra portable to use at home.

It's so funny that they talk about how awesome it would be on a plane or a trip, because that's the only place I can think I would use it. When your bored out of your mind and desperate for any sort of mental stimulation it's great!!!

I also wouldn't get it because I wouldn't want to pay another data fee on top of my smartphone for 3G, which again will be the only one that anybody wants.

It's just kind of weird. It has flop potential. I hope it's a success as any good economic news is welcoming.

Archived