• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teen Step-son smoking pot

o803oVaDeR

Thanks for all the advise guys. Our relationship is good. He knows and respects my authority, but we also have a friendship type of relationship. I actually knew him before his mother. I know kinda weird, but they lived across the street from me, and he and his friends would often go with us to play paintball or football or whatever. He doesn't really have a relationship with his real dad, and has even asked if he could call me dad. I told him he could, but he still never really does. I guess I am not a new age parent. My wife nor myself smoke pot, but we do party a lot, and lots of our friends do it. I am not ok with it at such a young age. He has a lot to gain and loose right now in his life. He is just learning to drive, and will be getting a license soon. So I would be concerned with him doing it when he goes out, and driving while high. Plus at his age if he did get caught it could fall back on us. Illegal drugs in my house kinda does bother me.

Guest Jacob3-89

Thanks for all the advise guys. Our relationship is good. He knows and respects my authority, but we also have a friendship type of relationship. I actually knew him before his mother. I know kinda weird, but they lived across the street from me, and he and his friends would often go with us to play paintball or football or whatever. He doesn't really have a relationship with his real dad, and has even asked if he could call me dad. I told him he could, but he still never really does. I guess I am not a new age parent. My wife nor myself smoke pot, but we do party a lot, and lots of our friends do it. I am not ok with it at such a young age. He has a lot to gain and loose right now in his life. He is just learning to drive, and will be getting a license soon. So I would be concerned with him doing it when he goes out, and driving while high. Plus at his age if he did get caught it could fall back on us. Illegal drugs in my house kinda does bother me.

chances are he won't be able to unlock the car while high :P

Then it might be time to chat mano a mano.

Tell him to quit buying his poo from Jbro. His stuff is always seedy.

biggest concern imo, is not the pot....but make sure hes not doing heavier stuff. pills, coke etc. and honestly i puff every once in awhile, but it IS illegal.....sooooooo cant just "be cool with it" then him get busted for selling or buying...and when you and wifey go pick him up from jail he goes "dude....my step dad knew about it the entire time, he was cool about it"

you'll get your ass kicked from his mom. just sayin.

This is the best advice though.

You can also lay down the law. No lock boxes in your house. It's strict, but if he wants to live there, he has to abid by the house rules. Harder to hide poo that way.

Tell him to quit buying his poo from Jbro. His stuff is always seedy.

This is the best advice though.

You can also lay down the law. No lock boxes in your house. It's strict, but if he wants to live there, he has to abid by the house rules. Harder to hide poo that way.

You will never find a seed in my stash.

Then it might be time to chat mano a mano.

I agree.....bottom line is he is a minor breaking the law in your house...sounds like he will understand where you are coming from and respect what you have to say. I like to party also, but I wouldn't stand for my under age kid breaking the law in my home. Ignoring it because he is still getting good grades would not be an option for me.

Hard part is whether to let your wife know or not. It would be nice be able to settle this with worrying her but how will it turn out if she finds out that you knew and didn't tell her? Think you could get her to realize it is not the end of the world and that you would like the opportunity to handle it "man to man"? Tough call for sure.....best of luck.

I need a little advise guys. I have suspected that my 16 year old step-son was smoking pot, so I searched his room, and found little bags with seeds left in them in a lock box that was not locked. The box smelled just like weed, so I know that is what it is. I have not told his mother, because I know she will flip the f out. I want to confront him about it, and give him a chance before I tell his mother. Any advise on what to do here. I have never had to deal with this before. Thanks in advance for the help.

You do realize that you are asking advice from a bunch of people who approve of sitting around the house getting fuged up. They see nothing wrong with using illegal drugs.

Personally, I would confront him about it.

You do realize that you are asking advice from a bunch of people who approve of sitting around the house getting fuged up. They see nothing wrong with using illegal drugs.

Personally, I would confront him about it.

I'm too baked to respond to your passive aggressive critique.

I would talk to him about it in an adult manner. I smoke pot, and know a lot of productive people who do. It is illegal and can effect jobs in the future; mainly ones with local government becuase of the lie detector questions. I'd much rather have my kid smoke a little pot than go out and get drunk off their ass with friends.

I'm too baked to respond to your passive aggressive critique.

I was not making any judgements or debating whether it is OK or not to smoke pot. Only pointing out that the population here tends to lean one specific way on this topic.

Archived