• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

[NFL] Hard Knocks: A Snippet from Brian Burns trade talks starting at the Senior Bowl

Saca312

I'm just happy to get rid of him. It would have been nice to get more compensation, but once we turned down the Rams' offer, we were screwed on that front. We were destined to take an L. But, we were able to take a substantial amount of savings with his departure and ultimately prioritize the O-line while possibly improving the D-line despite Burns' departure. On one hand wasted opportunity was a hard pill to swallow, but the savings opened up different opportunities.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I know, but he didn’t have to come off two first rounders so fast.

I now see how they got him down to two 2nds.

Agree.  Even though we were desperate, it'd be nice to not obviously reek of desperation.  Make them think he is that expensive for a while anyways.  Maybe see if gms who aren't your old friends want to bid and drive the price up rather than immediately slashing the price.

I like that we used the cap space to improve the offense and like generally our draft strategy but I'm still hurt over the trades we've made.

• Pie 1

What we got was marginally less than what I was expecting - feel like we could have squeezed a bit more out of them, but whatevs.  I mean, if we drew a hard line and said, nah, a 2nd and 4th, no less, I doubt the Giants are walking due to a difference between a 4th and 5th considering the asset received in Burns.  

Heck, maybe it could have been a 2nd and 3rd.  But it's water under the bridge at this point.

• Beer 1