• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bootleg Football 2024 Panthers breakdown

Jackie Lee

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I listened to all of it. I pretty much agree with everything that was discussed.  As for their ceiling and floor predictions, I will wait until preseason is over before I weigh in on that discussion. 

They were surprisingly high on our draft picks, although it seems like they also thought Wallace was a reach yet Sanders was a steal, almost could have swapped the spots they were picked. 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

They were surprisingly high on our draft picks, although it seems like they also thought Wallace was a reach yet Sanders was a steal, almost could have swapped the spots they were picked. 

I personally don't take issue with draft position as long as the player has an impact on the team. Now using multiple draft picks on a player raises the stakes. Those types of decisions go in a GM's ledger and better balance out after the seasons over.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I personally don't take issue with draft position as long as the player has an impact on the team. Now using multiple draft picks on a player raises the stakes. Those types of decisions go in a GM's ledger and better balance out after the seasons over.

I dont think a single pick this year from the draft does anything meaningful in 2024.  Does that help or hurt young/canales I dont know but I guess we will see.  Morgan seemingly is playing the long game with this draft class which is I guess a form of rebuilding.  Im fine with the XL and Sanders pick, but the 2nd and 3rd rounders are def head scratchers 

44 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont think a single pick this year from the draft does anything meaningful in 2024.  Does that help or hurt young/canales I dont know but I guess we will see.  Morgan seemingly is playing the long game with this draft class which is I guess a form of rebuilding.  Im fine with the XL and Sanders pick, but the 2nd and 3rd rounders are def head scratchers 

I doubt any of them will either. They could possibly be worked as the season progresses but who knows. Morgan definitely committed to improving the offensive side of the ball, but the results will not be immediately realized.

It appears to me as a true commitment to rebuilding the team and not a half-assed attempt to win now. While winning is the goal I think they have finally admitted that this had to be done. To do it right it will take another offseason of good drafting and wise FA additions to set a foundation to build on.

If successful,  they will be able to eventually replace high priced FA'S with their own draft picks. But all of the hinges on drafting well going forward. Will the new guys they drafted work out? We won't know for a season or two with some of them. That's the cold hard reality. It's the result of years a bad draft and mismanagement from the FO. 

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I listened to all of it. I pretty much agree with everything that was discussed.  As for their ceiling and floor predictions, I will wait until preseason is over before I weigh in on that discussion. 

And this year, the huddle better not say that our offense is vanilla on purpose during preseason! You play like how you practice! 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3