• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Green to Charlotte

Stingray3030

I've seen so much negative response to this deal.  We gave up 2 second round picks (basically nothing) for a 23-yr old who shoots 38-40% from 3, is an above average defender, started half the year last year, has Finals experience.  This is a young, inexpensive, great shooting, high-upside role playing guard....isn't that something we need?

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I've seen so much negative response to this deal.  We gave up 2 second round picks (basically nothing) for a 23-yr old who shoots 38-40% from 3, is an above average defender, started half the year last year, has Finals experience.  This is a young, inexpensive, great shooting, high-upside role playing guard....isn't that something we need?

I would guess fans want more of a splash move in free agency.  I like the move but it’s fairly clear that we aren’t a desired destination for better FAs

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I would guess fans want more of a splash move in free agency.  I like the move but it’s fairly clear that we aren’t a desired destination for better FAs

Yeah - why would we be?  The NBA is all about Superteams and Championship runs.  None of the splash guys are going to go here until we hit a few stars to build around.  LaMelo and BMiller aren't big enough....and Bridges' future is uncertain.  1 Star won't get us a deep playoff run....probably an appearance and 1st round exit.

• Pie 1

I love the Green trade. I think people will be surprised at how well he does with a bigger role in Charlotte. I’d honestly pencil him in as the starting two guard.

So far we’ve added Green and Jackson and lost Curry (who apparently they want back), Thor, and Bailey.

1 - LaMelo Ball, Vasilije Micic, Tre Mann, K.J. Simpson

2 - Josh Green, Reggie Jackson, Nick Smith Jr., Bryce McGowens

3 - Brandon Miller, Cody Martin, Aleksej Pokusevski, Leaky Black

4 - Miles Bridges, Grant Williams, Tidjane Salaun, Davis Bertans

5 - Mark Williams, Nick Richards, Marques Bolden

There’s still moves to be made and it’s likely that Bertans, McGowens and maybe even Pokusevski are waived as all three have non-guaranteed contracts.

14 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I love the Green trade. I think people will be surprised at how well he does with a bigger role in Charlotte. I’d honestly pencil him in as the starting two guard.

So far we’ve added Green and Jackson and lost Curry (who apparently they want back), Thor, and Bailey.

1 - LaMelo Ball, Vasilije Micic, Tre Mann, K.J. Simpson

2 - Josh Green, Reggie Jackson, Nick Smith Jr., Bryce McGowens

3 - Brandon Miller, Cody Martin, Aleksej Pokusevski, Leaky Black

4 - Miles Bridges, Grant Williams, Tidjane Salaun, Davis Bertans

5 - Mark Williams, Nick Richards, Marques Bolden

There’s still moves to be made and it’s likely that Bertans, McGowens and maybe even Pokusevski are waived as all three have non-guaranteed contracts.

Isn’t Bridges a FA?