• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Carolina Panthers record prediction

Verge

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I expect there will be more attemps at passes over 30 yards this season. They will have to try the deep shots whether Bryce can do it or not. If Canales hasn't figured that out already it's worse than I thought.

my best guess is we technically see more offense.  More yards.  More scores.  But also more turnovers and bad play since that is not Bryce Young's game.     And with a D taking a step back.....I just don't see us being much better overall.   Ball could of bounced our way last year in a game or two.  I expect the law of averages says we might win a couple this year we didn't last year. 

end of the day, top 10 pick and the board is consumed on the debate about moving up for X QB. 

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, strato said:

We don’t even know if the QB can hang in the NFL and all this crap is being done to prop him up. And if they prop him up enough, THAT is supposed top be our guy. 

I really need better to have any enthusiasm at all. Honestly it pisses me off to going into a season with the likes of Young at the helm.

I do find it insulting to the fan base to not even challenge the qb position at all after what we watched last season. They literally put zero effort into the qb3 position

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

my best guess is we technically see more offense.  More yards.  More scores.  But also more turnovers and bad play since that is not Bryce Young's game.     And with a D taking a step back.....I just don't see us being much better overall.   Ball could of bounced our way last year in a game or two.  I expect the law of averages says we might win a couple this year we didn't last year. 

end of the day, top 10 pick and the board is consumed on the debate about moving up for X QB. 

Not one single person should be in favor of moving up ever again.  I hope Tepper has learned his lesson. Let what happened to the Panthers, hell any team in recent memories, be a lesson in what happens when you sell out for one player. It's never worth it and never works out for the buyer. Sometimes just sitting tight and holding onto what you have is the smart play in the end. But I digress. 

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think it will good enough to be picking a qb in 2025.

All for it. They have wasted so many of my remaining years to enjoy the team and the sport, and they just keep extending that window like it is no big deal. I do not have a lot of years left. Get the fug on with it. 

4 minutes ago, strato said:

All for it. They have wasted so many of my remaining years to enjoy the team and the sport, and they just keep extending that window like it is no big deal. I do not have a lot of years left. Get the fug on with it. 

Brother I'm there with you. But don't let it get to you. It's just not worth it. 

• Beer 1

The day before it gets to me that bad, which they are very close, you will see my last complaint. And no one will care.

I am 69. My dad played college ball and coached high school so I have been around the sport. Did not need the money to go to college at the time, it wasn’t THAT expensive then, in state, and turned down a couple of smaller school offers as the thought of having to live in the dorms with coaches up my butt ALL year not just football season when realistically I was not going tp make the NFL.

It goes back to my measureables putting me where Young’s put him. I saw him throw. He has a ton of other stuff working against him. Why is this even a question? 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

4-6 is probably accurate. I would probably bet on 6. There are some very winnable games, and I figure if they just run the football like they say they will and play mediocre defense it's attainable. 

I figure that there will be 4 wins against crap teams, 1 random upset, and some game we play spoiler on somebody's January hopes.

AT Saints (L 19-14)

Chargers (L 37-17)

AT Raiders (W 16-13)

Bengals (L 31-10)

AT Bears (W 23-20)

Falcons (L 28-23)

AT Commanders (W 21-10)

AT Broncos (L 17-14 OT) Ouch

Saints (L 20-7)

Giants (Germany) (L 26-17)

BYE

Chiefs (L 34-14)

Bucs (L 22-20)

AT Eagles (L 17-16) Almost a surprise 😩

Cowboys (W 29-20) WTF moment

Cardinals (W 23-13)

AT Bucs (W 21-6) Canales Revenge

AT Falcons (L 27-19)

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

What new weapons? another WR on the down turn? another WR that the coaching may just bury on the depth chart? Same tackles on the end, same running backs (brooks ain't seeing the field). New coach with no idea what he actually does.

I have my opinion you have yours

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I do find it insulting to the fan base to not even challenge the qb position at all after what we watched last season. They literally put zero effort into the qb3 position

The offense was bad all together and that was not just on Bryce. This isn’t Bryce specific but the nfl gives up on QBs too easily, you can point to Tua and Goff as examples.