• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Carolina Panthers record prediction

Verge

The team is built to excel and achieve mediocrity (6-7ish wins and competitive in a few more) if you have a viable QB.  If u don’t have a viable qb you will find out soon, the team will flounder and the organization will act accordingly.

I hope…

not bashing Bryce and not trying to coddle him. Just speaking my opinion.

I'd say 4-13 and enough close ones to not look completely terrible.  Hard to see us above the bottom 3-4 in the league.  If we're lucky, 6-11.  

Probably the lowest my expectations have ever been but we don't have a proven playmaker on offense.  Can't say for sure about the OL either or the playbook.  On defense, could be aight, ceiling is around #13-15 DVOA.  

If we still seem incapable of moving the ball against the bad teams, it'll be a problemo.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

I'd say 4-13 and enough close ones to not look completely terrible.  Hard to see us above the bottom 3-4 in the league.  If we're lucky, 6-11.  

Probably the lowest my expectations have ever been but we don't have a proven playmaker on offense.  Can't say for sure about the OL either or the playbook.  On defense, could be aight, ceiling is around #13-15 DVOA.  

If we still seem incapable of moving the ball against the bad teams, it'll be a problemo.  

I kind of feel like this is why we drafted Brooks where we did.  Once healthy he has a pretty high floor IMO and should give us some sort of identity at minimum.  Was it high for a running back?  Yeah, especially for a team with so many needs, but I think Morgan just wanted picks that will be solid players at worst with high potential as well.  As weird as it sounds he was kind of a "safe" pick.  

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I kind of feel like this is why we drafted Brooks where we did.  Once healthy he has a pretty high floor IMO and should give us some sort of identity at minimum.  Was it high for a running back?  Yeah, especially for a team with so many needs, but I think Morgan just wanted picks that will be solid players at worst with high potential as well.  As weird as it sounds he was kind of a "safe" pick.  

I see your angle and don’t disagree. Having a guy to be the lynchpin on offense is critical and could very well be Brooks. He’s a damn good RB. Outside of him and Benson, I don’t think there’s many in the past 5 years better than them as prospects outside of Bijan, Jacobs, Gibbs and Breece. 

4-13

i just didn’t see any reason for optimism last year. Maybe we will have some better playmakers, but I don’t think it will matter. If we win, it’s because our offensive efficiency got marginally better but the defense is Top 5. Offense still won’t be able to score with what Bryce showed a year ago. 

17 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

My biggest point of interest is actually not going to be Bryce but our offseason additions. If the signings and rookies look like poo, all bets are off for a few years. 

The biggesy hurdle we have is that FO and the cycle of terrible decision making year after year. If we can't at least pull back up to a Gettleman/Hurney level, we are in a lot of trouble.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Obviously so much has been invested in this offense in the 2023 and 2024 offseasons, and there are no more excuses for the QB. I would say that makes me more excited for this year than last. 

My biggest curiosity is scheme/Young what is that going to look like? I have my own general picture of what I think it will look like and if the people up front are what we are paying for then the running game should be much improved. At least from the standpoint of moving the LOS in the right direction when we need to have a yard. That would be a great help.

But I don’t know yet how they can get the defenses backed off and that’s what I am curious to see. 

I’m not worried really at all over the receiving options I think there are plenty it comes down to can they get the ball in their hands through the air. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

5-12 seems likely imo. We don't have the weapons on offense, and Bryce is limited in what he can do. The defense is nothing special. We're going to run into the usual couple terrible teams, and throw in a fluke win against a decent team. If we win more than 5 games, then Bryce will have done more than what I'm expecting.