• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Carolina Panthers record prediction

Verge

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Yup. Fool me once...  The roster is not considerably better.  Better coached?  That remains to be seen.  Bryce should take a step forward, well, because he couldn't do any worse. 

With better coaching, more consistent QB play and a marginally better roster, that should get us to 3-4 more wins over last year.  Just make the games watchable and I'll be happy.

I think it depends on the reallocation of resources--we basically swapped Burns for a couple good guards and then found Clowney.  I think the guards will impact the team more than Burns,but if we get nothing out of Clowney--gonna be a long season and the defense will be the problem in 2025.  Bryce needs to play conservative, multifaceted football--if we get into shooting matches, we lose.  However, without the ability to pass or run the football because our middle OL is crap, then we lose.  I do think it all starts with a good OL, and I think we need to keep building it.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

O takes a step forward

D a step backwards

End result is a team that is picking in the top 10.  Who knows how the ball bounces.  I'd say about 5ish wins. 

The biggest thing for us as fans is going to be how our draft picks and FA signings look. If it's a lot more whiffs than hits, that's a very bad sign.

Our biggest problem is talent evaluation. If we can't clear that hurdle, it's gonna be a long few years.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The biggest thing for us as fans is going to be how our draft picks and FA signings look. If it's a lot more whiffs than hits, that's a very bad sign.

Our biggest problem is talent evaluation. If we can't clear that hurdle, it's gonna be a long few years.

I really liked XL.  But I'm not expecting much from him this year given he is paired with Bryce.  I just think for XL to shine with his talents.....he needs a downfield gambler.  I think Brooks will slowly be brought along and we don't see his debut until in season.     That's our top 3 rounds...and really where you would be looking for rookie impact.  Rest should more than likely be developmental and have minimal impact. 

So I expect fans to get down on our draft picks early. 

I think the G play could get praise but C being such a wildcard (as well as Canales' run game) has that as not the lock I think some have it has.  Plus, I think Bryce simply can make the OL look bad given his size the problem he has in so many traditional settings/placement in the pocket. 

7 minutes ago, strato said:

Wouild’t you expect the O to take a step up after what has been invested in the last two drafts? 

That depends on how much "stepping up: you are expecting.  Me? Not so much. My reasons are vast and hard to qualify but it basically comes down to this, experience. There's not enough experience at the top of the coaching staff to make much of a change. I hope to see something resembling an nfl offense however.  Other than that, I'm not expecting much to change in 1 offseason. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That depends on how much "stepping up: you are expecting.  Me? Not so much. My reasons are vast and hard to qualify but it basically comes down to this, experience. There's not enough experience at the top of the coaching staff to make much of a change. I hope to see something resembling an nfl offense however.  Other than that, I'm not expecting much to change in 1 offseason. 

yeah, it's hard to expect much...

given those that brought you the 24th ranked O last season.....got lesser talent to work with this year overall.    Then the icing on the cake....is Bryce clearly doesn't fit the Canales pass attack. 

Which is all about the deep ball.  Baker chucked it deep more than anyone in the NFL last year.  That's what brought about the Geno comeback as well. 

It just seems like 2024 is a round peg/square whole O IMO with our QB. 

• Pie 1