• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darkhorse breakout player

methodtoll

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It seemed like such an obvious hole in their OL plans that they just didn't address. I mean, they even hedged on LT because od those struggles but then they just decide an oft injured veteran with almost no experience at C is just gonna be the guy? Also, with literally almost no backup???

I couldn't wrap my head around that at all.

If we don't have at least serviceable play at center, the guard signings are not going to be as effective.  I assumed they would draft one.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If we don't have at least serviceable play at center, the guard signings are not going to be as effective.  I assumed they would draft one.

You and most logical fans. One of the reasons I really did not like our draft. 

But, we gotta be used to FO flubs at this point as Panthers fans. It's been our MO in recent memory for sure.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who was the last project player to work out for us?  Thomas Davis and that even took a few years

Not a great comp, as TD was changing positions and needed to bulk up. 

I'm not saying I think this kid's going to come in and be a day one starter, but I think we're going to see some splash plays as they work him in. My hope is towards the end of the year, he's seeing 30 to 40% of the snaps. 

I for sure understand what people are saying about oversight at the C position. I don’t know any more than anyone else, but believe  pros should be given *some* leeway. We have seen zero results you can only wait and see. Like the QB that has given us poo for results over his first season. 

On 6/29/2024 at 7:06 PM, strato said:

You can’t go with a WR and ignore the QB but really, do people see anyone breaking out there? Maybe Brooks if the OL gels and he is healthy. 

I’m just going with Corbett. He does the job. Problem solved. If the O works it is because the OL works. If this OL works, he is doing better than anyone here thought. 

I am going completely opposite and say that Hubbard hits the ground running (pun intended) and never looks back. He establishes himself as a true starter, and by mid-season we have the re-emergence of Smash and Dash! 

• Beer 1