• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darkhorse breakout player

methodtoll

While we are waiting on training camp, I am curious to hear what your thoughts are on who will be a darkhorse breakout player... 

On offense, I think Ihmir-Smith Marsette will be a secret weapon for us. I just think he needs some playing time this coming season He definitely is shifty and can get that YAC.

Defensively, I am going with DJ Johnson. This dude is quick and just needed to time to adjust to the system but I have a feeling he will be good.

• Beer 2

You can’t go with a WR and ignore the QB but really, do people see anyone breaking out there? Maybe Brooks if the OL gels and he is healthy. 

I’m just going with Corbett. He does the job. Problem solved. If the O works it is because the OL works. If this OL works, he is doing better than anyone here thought. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Offensively, I will go Harrison Mevis. I think he beats out Eddie and becomes our guy.

Defensively, Josey Jewell. He takes a little bit of the sting off losing Luvu(definitely not saying he will be as good because I don't believe that) and plays very well this season.

I don’t know, Jewell might be better than Luvu in Evero’s system. He was a 100 plus tackler a season. Luvu is better at pass rushing but I feel like he was playing out of position last year. Plus Luvu was a bit of a liability in coverage.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t know, Jewell might be better than Luvu in Evero’s system. He was a 100 plus tackler a season. Luvu is better at pass rushing but I feel like he was playing out of position last year. Plus Luvu was a bit of a liability in coverage.

I hope so. Luvu was a thumper, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, strato said:

You can’t go with a WR and ignore the QB but really, do people see anyone breaking out there? Maybe Brooks if the OL gels and he is healthy. 

I’m just going with Corbett. He does the job. Problem solved. If the O works it is because the OL works. If this OL works, he is doing better than anyone here thought. 

If he doesn't do well, we spent all that money on OL for literally nothing. He is one of the most critical elements of this offensive overhaul. If he gets injured or he doesn't pan out, you can go ahead and bank on the season being a mess.

• Pie 1