• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new favorite Beer.

Squirrel

free, is and will always be my fav.

i hate how the wine snobbishness has made its way to beer

It's not a snobbishness -- or it doesn't have to be. It's just recognizing that there are better options than Bud, Miller and Coors out there.

I love introducing craft beer to those who are usually only accustomed to the "big three." Yes, some are pretty close-minded, but for others it's like a whole new world.

• 1 month later...

Had a couple bombers of this this week. Damned good stuff and its a limited run so grab one while you can.

Maharaja is a really good double IPA. If anyone wants to try it, Vintner Wine Market in the arboretum has it on tap right now. It's been on for a week or two, so you may want to go soon if you want to try it.

Sorry if it seems I'm always advocating Vintner Wine Market, but it's really a great place for anyone who wants to try some great (and sometimes rare) beers. Don't let the name fool you into thinking they're only about wine.

Anyone who wants to try the Avery Maharaja, Vintner Wine Market in the arboretum is doing it for a buck off tonight (along with another very good IPA, the Dogfish Head 90-minute).

I promise I have nothing to gain by endorsing this place. :P

Those 90 minute Dog Fish have a bit too alcoholish of a taste to me. Pumping a beer full of %%% can ruin the taste like in this case

I refuse to drink anything that I will have a problem pronouncing after drinking a few of them.

:P

Those 90 minute Dog Fish have a bit too alcoholish of a taste to me. Pumping a beer full of %%% can ruin the taste like in this case

I think -- and I've heard others say this as well -- that the 90-minute has changed over the years. I don't think the alcohol is that noticeable, but it seems to me the beer has almost become malt-heavy. It was always a well-balanced double IPA, but now I feel like it drinks almost like an American barleywine.

New Belgium 1554 Enlightened black Ale.

That's one of my favorite New Belgium beers (granted I haven't tried some of their better beers). It's a light dark beer. :P Perfect for a backyard barbecue when you want something that works well with the food but isn't a boring yellow lager (nothing against lagers, but sometimes you want something different).

Archived