• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

33rd Team article: It's time to rethink Bryce Young's expectations

TheSpecialJuan

18 hours ago, strato said:

If Bryce would ever get a fair shot, it would have not been picking him 1.1. The expectations are greater than his ability. He will never meet those expectations IMO. 

He wouldn’t be getting 20% of the crap he has gotten opinion wise if he were picked where his actual abilities slotted him. 

I do agree that part of being a great player is resilience and some of these past ‘ruined’ players had less than they needed.

A third round throwaway pick? His Draft stock elevated because he's a QB in a QB needy league?

10 hours ago, OldhamA said:

A third round throwaway pick? His Draft stock elevated because he's a QB in a QB needy league?

We aren't to the point on our roster where we can throw away 2nd and 3rd round picks. That's a reason why our roster is as bad as it is.

Good teams can afford to do that because they don't have dumpster fire rosters.

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We aren't to the point on our roster where we can throw away 2nd and 3rd round picks. That's a reason why our roster is as bad as it is.

Good teams can afford to do that because they don't have dumpster fire rosters.

I am like, so what?

It is the right thing to do. Someone is getting rewarded. And if we suck at drafting, all the more reason to take a flyer. Doesn’t have to be a third but you might do well using a third  at the right time. 

RealIy I am thinking if you do your job and nail the first two rounds how bad can it be to miss later? 

I’m almost more curious to see what Baker does this year than I am to watch Bryce. 

If you go and watch all of Baker’s touchdown passes from 2023, there’s maybe 4-5 that Young doesn’t have the arm strength for or that we simply don’t have Mike Evans.

If Young’s able to correctly process what’s out there then in this offense his numbers should be at minimum decent. If they’re not then he’s truly absolute dog sh!t. 

If Baker takes a major step back then I’ll look forward to Canales getting to pick his guy in 2025 

• Beer 1

Got to be patient.  Bryce needs this season to show if he can be the guy or not.  Having Canales' system seems to have worked out for some other QBs.  We will just have to see.

I'm not a huge fan of painting Bryce a bust in before training camp starts.  If the 2025 season ends and he's not looking like the leader the team needs, then it's time to find a new QB.  I know some of y'all are going to pile on him for not being perfect in preseason games, or making mistakes.  Short of becoming the best QB in the NFL this season, some of you will never be happy.

We're stuck in the offseason with many unknowns, with nothing else to discuss after one of the worst seasons by any team in the NFL...  Sucks to be us, that's for sure!

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Got to be patient.  Bryce needs this season to show if he can be the guy or not.  Having Canales' system seems to have worked out for some other QBs.  We will just have to see.

I'm not a huge fan of painting Bryce a bust in before training camp starts.  If the 2025 season ends and he's not looking like the leader the team needs, then it's time to find a new QB.  I know some of y'all are going to pile on him for not being perfect in preseason games, or making mistakes.  Short of becoming the best QB in the NFL this season, some of you will never be happy.

We're stuck in the offseason with many unknowns, with nothing else to discuss after one of the worst seasons by any team in the NFL...  Sucks to be us, that's for sure!

Yeah, well  the guy cost us a TON. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, strato said:

I am like, so what?

It is the right thing to do. Someone is getting rewarded. And if we suck at drafting, all the more reason to take a flyer. Doesn’t have to be a third but you might do well using a third  at the right time. 

RealIy I am thinking if you do your job and nail the first two rounds how bad can it be to miss later? 

We don't hit 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks in the Tepper era. We already reached on a QB in Matt Corral that was an unmitigated disaster. 

We have to fix our talent evaluation, then build a real NFL roster, THEN we can do poo like take QB's every couple of seasons. 

We aren't anywhere near that. Most of of our backup guys are barely NFL caliber.