• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

33rd Team article: It's time to rethink Bryce Young's expectations

TheSpecialJuan

47 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

So you're sayin we're due?

I mean look at the Browns or Jets for being due a decent qb lol. Not to mention we already tried a couple of their first round pick busts instead of just drafting one of the successful 2020 guys when we had Teddy as a bridge. We're not really due considering we had a couple years head start on the NFC South "rebuilds" and completely fuged that up numerous times

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Honestly, we don't know what we have in Bryce at this moment.

We will know by October, though. At that point with four to five games under his belt, there shouldn't be much of a question. 

I'm hoping we see massive improvement. Otherwise, well, how are the next class of draft-eligible QBs looking? It's a harsh situation to be in, but there's a lot of money on the table, too. 

And perhaps, just perhaps, we should stay away from Alabama QBs...

16 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Im waiting for this season to pass any judgement as I would like to see Bryce with a competent coach that actually gives a damn and Canales I believe is going to be a very good passionate and driven head coach so let me see what he does this season and then I will pass my judgements on him. He deserves this season to show improvement absolutely. I want improvements to show that he can be a star player and carve up defenses. I realize odds are against him after what we saw last season but he needs this season to be sure of what we have. I mean, the guy could throw deep passes at Alabama and could complete passes against quality defenses so I expect to see that this year being led by a guy who I am fully confident will turn out to be a very solid head coach. If he does not show much improvement this season then I will probably stop believing in him and be looking towards that 2025 draft.

I also thinks he deserves the season. I don’t think he has it in him to become a starting caliber QB in the NFL, but we need to let it play out. The one thing I do disagree with you on is his deep ball, it was not good in college, and stats back that up.

I think we built this team (new Gs etc.) for a young QB, but I don’t necessarily think the team is convinced that is Bryce. If he plays as expected this year we will draft a new QB in 2025, and that QB will come in to a very good situation.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Can elite level players truly be ruined psychologically, or is that just an excuse people throw around for a top pick dude that never pans out? Next to Cam, CMC took the biggest beating ever seen by a panthers player. He’s doing ok, I guess. DJ Moore, Mr 1000 yards? 

My point being, Elite players rise to the occasion regardless of the circumstances. I think Bryce needs to give the panthers a fair shot. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If Bryce would ever get a fair shot, it would have not been picking him 1.1. The expectations are greater than his ability. He will never meet those expectations IMO. 

He wouldn’t be getting 20% of the crap he has gotten opinion wise if he were picked where his actual abilities slotted him. 

I do agree that part of being a great player is resilience and some of these past ‘ruined’ players had less than they needed.

6 hours ago, Martin said:

I also thinks he deserves the season. I don’t think he has it in him to become a starting caliber QB in the NFL, but we need to let it play out. The one thing I do disagree with you on is his deep ball, it was not good in college, and stats back that up.

I think we built this team (new Gs etc.) for a young QB, but I don’t necessarily think the team is convinced that is Bryce. If he plays as expected this year we will draft a new QB in 2025, and that QB will come in to a very good situation.

I am probably mistaken then but initially I thought his deep ball was okay in college. If it was subpar that is most definitely something to worry about  in the NFL. Whatever happens, I hope this coming season he either gets it and things click well or we move on. He deserves this season but after that our new coach deserves to try to find and develop his own QB is Bryce cannot be it.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Martin said:

Yep. Not much more to say than this.  Bryce gets a chance and as a fan, I hope he succeeds. If not, find another guy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Bryce Young’s Ceiling Is Still Incredibly High

Sam Monson analyzes Bryce Young’s rookie season and sees similarities with the Carolina Panthers QB and the formative NFL years for Miami Dolphins star Tua Tagovailoa.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/bryce-youngs-ceiling-is-still-incredibly-high/

Let Juan Cook

• Pie 1