• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call me crazy, but we might have improved the pass rush after all

Icege

I think the defense will be better overall. But 1 or 2 injuries to the starting unit and that will change dramatically. I predict that some of the FA'S will be replaced by draft picks in the coming draft if they can find them. I think you can tell by the type of players Dan signed as to what he's looking for at those positions. We are just really thin outside of the starters on defense right now. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Evero got some guys that he has time with. At worst it’s a quick patch. We’ll see but right now I don’t see his stock going down a ton even in a bad year. I expect him to have a good plan and be able to patch it the first couple three rocks he hits. Which is not easy to do.

When Wilks was a secondary coach he did more with less, I see Evero the same way as DC as of right now. I hope they don’t get pushed around (up front). 

I expect to miss Luvu the most. Probably. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Once again, it's not improvement. Not on paper. In fact, it could end up being worse. 

Luckily Evro is pretty good at manufacturing a pass rush.  Won't mean poo if we are playing from behind all the time. 

You are stating opinions like facts.  You can easily argue Clowney/Wonnum are better than Burns/YGM (I mean the OP actually does).  I think losing Luvu for Jewell could hurt the pass rush as Luvu was better than and Jewell was better at getting tackles.  Robinson and Brown at DE should again make life easier for our edges.  It's just a wait and see.  It's not like our pass rush was anything to brag about last year.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

You are stating opinions like facts.  You can easily argue Clowney/Wonnum are better than Burns/YGM (I mean the OP actually does).  I think losing Luvu for Jewell could hurt the pass rush as Luvu was better than and Jewell was better at getting tackles.  Robinson and Brown at DE should again make life easier for our edges.  It's just a wait and see.  It's not like our pass rush was anything to brag about last year.  

The only thing we have to go by this time of year is roster. 

You're talking about potential like it's facts. 

It's possible the pass rush is better.  On paper it isn't, I don't care how you spin it. 

It's also possible it gets worse.