• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call me crazy, but we might have improved the pass rush after all

Icege

21 hours ago, hepcat said:

For as hyped as he was and as big of a name as he is, Clowneys stats are not that great. 

I agree, but he has been a solid starter for a decade, pulling in his best sack numbers (tied at 9.5) last year at 30 yo. Hopefully Evero can squeeze every last drop of gas he has in the tank and just maybe our developmental players will pick up some knowledge.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

A generational player does not come around every year. They come around once in a decade, maybe two decades.  So I do not agree about generational prospects. You cannot predict them, they rise to the top when the games are played. 

I don't mean the prospects are actually generational.  I just mean there's very few of them that actually pan out that way.  I agree with you.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't mean the prospects are actually generational.  I just mean there's very few of them that actually pan out that way.  I agree with you.

Yep, I mean the last "generational" QB is a mid-tier guy in Jacksonville. But hey, props to him. Because he still got paid like he was the guy he was drafted to be.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, I mean the last "generational" QB is a mid-tier guy in Jacksonville. But hey, props to him. Because he still got paid like he was the guy he was drafted to be.

If you take a look at his advanced metrics he has been really good in several categories and his supporting cast has let him down. 

Im not saying he is worth that contract, Goff isnt worth what he got either. The league is full of guys that are overpaid, thats the next man up dumb poo. 

On 6/28/2024 at 2:32 PM, TD alt said:

Don't know who you are, but if you don't understand that people use the term "we," as the league, owner, coaches, players and fans as part of a team, literally and/or figuratively, then you don't understand being a fanatic or marketing, which in large part are based upon appealing to emotions.

In this case, "we" are the Panthers.

Keep Pounding!

OOU?