• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call me crazy, but we might have improved the pass rush after all

Icege

You might not be wrong... 

Burn's is a great player and its going to hurt a bit cause he's joining a better d-line so he will put up sacks and playing for the Giants mean we will ALL see the highlights. 

But Burns was also only a speed guy that really didn't have top 3 traits. 

We have a bunch of guys here now.. I think collectively we might be better due to more and diverse rushers... maybe... I'm hoping your right. 

First off would just like to say that this is an amazing post, great thought process and did the proper research. In my eyes we used the money ball approach to fill our hole at edge. Rather than pay one guy 28 mill, we got 3 guys to replicate his production in different areas.

Clowney-Run Defense/Bull rush

Chaisson- Speed Pass Rush

Wonnum- Jack of all trades master of none guy

Curious to see how this works out production wise next season! 

• Pie 2

You're crazy!

Just answering the call. 😄

Pie for putting in the work. I suspect we'll be better, but we won't know what we really have until October. Ej has proven to be somewhat of a magician if last season is any indication. Let's see what he has cooking in 2024. I don't know what veteran rushers will be cut in August to add depth (or more), but we'll be first in waiver priority. 

We gotta hold on third downs (pun certainly not intended). 

2 hours ago, Icege said:

The biggest differences we see immediately is that Burns + YGM were getting ballcarriers down behind the line almost twice as often... Where we do see the improvement though is in the pass rush numbers. Not only did Clowney/Wonnum sack the QB more often, they hurried opposing teams' passers much more often Burns/YGM.

I think I'm too stupid to understand this chart. Particularly that second one.

33 minutes ago, Tomcatn said:

Who's we? 

Don't know who you are, but if you don't understand that people use the term "we," as the league, owner, coaches, players and fans as part of a team, literally and/or figuratively, then you don't understand being a fanatic or marketing, which in large part are based upon appealing to emotions.

In this case, "we" are the Panthers.

Keep Pounding!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2