• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schrager Interviews Canales

strato

38 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Very good 5 minutes in. Definitely a different side of him, not pulling out the rah rah cliche stuff, just talking about his life journey

I let it run while i was doing other stuff and really need to sit down with it but yes the vibe was much less hyped. 

Edited by strato

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He says "We have some talent, in spots" and "There's a reason we were 2-15". Speaks on the importance of quality depth for the good Seattle years and that we have a ways to go in that department

Outside of Rae Carruth, Fitterer should go down as the biggest clown in franchise history. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He says "We have some talent, in spots" and "There's a reason we were 2-15". Speaks on the importance of quality depth for the good Seattle years and that we have a ways to go in that department

Something I have said for several seasons. When we tore down the entire roster, it would take years to rebuild. We are years in and still haven't built it back up. That's one reason why I was so adamantly against a complete rebuild. It takes a LONG time even with semi-competent people in the front office(something we never had).

Also exactly why I don't think we will see a winning record before at least 2030.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Something I have said for several seasons. When we tore down the entire roster, it would take years to rebuild. We are years in and still haven't built it back up. That's one reason why I was so adamantly against a complete rebuild. It takes a LONG time even with semi-competent people in the front office(something we never had).

Also exactly why I don't think we will see a winning record before at least 2030.

To be fair, we tried a partial rebuild but had to trade everything to make up for the mistakes of the partial rebuild.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Not taking the Ram's offer for Burns is proof enough that we never did a "complete rebuild."

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

If this year is close to last year it's pretty much a complete rebuild by default. Brown and Moton are the only healthy good players, a DT and a RT lol. They pissed away last year and this year on a bad trade and pick. They still can't draft decently. Tepper still hires 'his kind of  people'. We might be witnessing the forever  rebuild. They literally just drafted for the future on a 2 win team which sure helped get the last couple of fools canned while wasting those picks too. 2030 might be way too generous when factoring the Tepper approach.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Tbe said:

To be fair, we tried a partial rebuild but had to trade everything to make up for the mistakes of the partial rebuild.

If you are constantly planning and improving your roster, maintain and draft quality depth, those "rebuilding" cycles are typically quite short. It's closer to retooling than rebuilding. We went from solid roster to absurd, raging dumpster fire. TBH, it has never really improved above the dumpster fire level. This is the least talented roster in the NFL by a fairly wide margin. That is what years of roster mismanagement will get you.

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If this year is close to last year it's pretty much a complete rebuild by default. Brown and Moton are the only healthy good players, a DT and a RT lol. They pissed away last year and this year on a bad trade and pick. They still can't draft decently. Tepper still hires 'his kind of  people'. We might be witnessing the forever  rebuild. They literally just drafted for the future on a 2 win team which sure helped get the last couple of fools canned while wasting those picks too. 2030 might be way too generous when factoring the Tepper approach.

If Tepper stays in Dan Snyder mode, it is likely to be a 20ish year total stretch before we have a chance build anything more than a .500ish team. Hence why I keep saying Cleveland Browns. We look very, very much like that era.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Contender sure but winning record wouldn't take nearly that long with a competent staff.