• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants thought they would have to give up more in trade for Brian Burns

22 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Morgan wouldn't want to leave Wilkes empty handed while he was auditioning for a HC job. Also, Morgan would have lost respect for Burns last year when he admitted to coasting in some games.

Morgan's interest would/should have been what was best for the team, not was was best for Wilks. If he was truly against that trade then that's just really dumb. 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, csx said:

They thought 2 seconds wasn't worth it. Not sure what the controversy is

That's kind of the vibe I got.  They thought it would require 2 seconds, but made the deal because it did not require that.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That's kind of the vibe I got.  They thought it would require 2 seconds, but made the deal because it did not require that.  Maybe I'm missing something?

We saw the reaction from their GM to the 2 firsts for Burns at the Senior Bowl......basically "no way". 2 seconds they said "getting closer". They were willing to do a second and a fifth.

They didn't value him like fans hoped and nobody else offered more.  It's a strange spin to make this sound like they were willing to offer more.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

BB hurt the Panthers trade value with his soft-ass season. Besides age, BB doesn't bring much else and given you need to be close to 30 mill per.....that is nearly 3.5 million per sack. 

It's been beatin' to death, but before fittererererer turned down that rams offer, he *MUST* have talked with the agents/BB about what was needed to sign. You simply could not turn down that offer and NOT sign him long term, but here we are......just another terrible mark in this 6 year drain. 

6 hours ago, KSpan said:

Morgan's interest would/should have been what was best for the team, not was was best for Wilks. If he was truly against that trade then that's just really dumb. 

He was against it because he thought he would be fired with Fitterer.  Fitterer did not survive to see either of those potential future 1sts, and Morgan probably thought he'd have the same fate.  I don't know why people can't figure this out.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He was against it because he thought he would be fired with Fitterer.  Fitterer did not survive to see either of those potential future 1sts, and Morgan probably thought he'd have the same fate.  I don't know why people can't figure this out.

Even if this is true, it doesn't make my point wrong in any way, shape, or form.

36 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Even if this is true, it doesn't make my point wrong in any way, shape, or form.

Didn't realize I submitted the post incomplete.

Being scared to lose the job is definitely not a team-first approach.

21 hours ago, csx said:

They didn't value him like fans hoped and nobody else offered more.  It's a huddle spin to make this sound like they were willing to offer more.

FIFY.

Also, this from a show in which the Giants have final say over what gets shown. If you are expecting it to be presented as anything other than “The Giants won the off-season” I don’t know what to tell you.

• Beer 2

21 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You are bang on.. people need to understand that Fitt is also doing what is best for him.  

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

FIFY.

Also, this from a show in which the Giants have final say over what gets shown. If you are expecting it to be presented as anything other than “The Giants won the off-season” I don’t know what to tell you.

They don't have final say