• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have a true magician on the team

Lame Duck

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

I do agree in principle with a new coaching staff evaluating each player on the roster with more-or-less a clean slate.  God knows we haven't had the stellar kind of coaches to develop players and maximize their skillsets.  I won't hold my breath that Thomas will amount to anything though.

Ron Rivera, Marty Hurney, Matt Rhule, Scott Fitterer, Frank Reich, Dave Canales, Dan Morgan. 

all I know, is if Ian Thomas shows up on the gameshow survivor...I'm betting my house on him to win. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

This feels like a non-story to me.  TEs tend to take a bit to adjust to the position in the NFL so I'm not surprised Thomas would be ahead of Sanders at this point or even for this year.  Add in some fluff wording and, voila, offseason story.

Just like in the Brooks thread, I don’t care if Sanders starts off gangbusters but he damn well better be the starter by the end of the year. None of the offensive rookies has anything that should block their path to starting. If Tremble/Thomas/Hubbard/Sanders are good enough to keep their jobs, that rookie was a bad pick. 

On 6/25/2024 at 6:54 AM, Mage said:

It just dawned on me that Ian Thomas is the 3rd longest tenured player on offense/defense, only behind Taylor Moton and Shaq Thompson (4th if you include special teams' JJ Jansen).  

And people wonder why we suck.

A competent franchise would have dropped him after his rookie contract.

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

And people wonder why we suck.

A competent franchise would have dropped him after his rookie contract.

A competent franchise would have had a better GM/drafting. Brown is legitimately the only above average starter we have drafted from 2020-2023 that has played more than 1/3 of our games and we’ve had picks 7, 8, 6, 9 and 1 to start. Truly incredible but that’s why Ian Thomas is even discussed in 2024. 

On 6/25/2024 at 1:54 AM, Mage said:

It just dawned on me that Ian Thomas is the 3rd longest tenured player on offense/defense, only behind Taylor Moton and Shaq Thompson (4th if you include special teams' JJ Jansen).  

I should buy his jersey.  Would put an end to that.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan