• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte City Council is expected to approve $650 million for Panthers stadium renovations tonight

50 minutes ago, 3838 said:

Been watching the council meeting live. Can't believe these chicks are running the show.

I don’t even know who they are nor have I watched to see who they are but I bet I heard that dog whistle. Cliches are cliches for a reason. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t even know who they are nor have I watched to see who they are but I bet I heard that dog whistle. Cliches are cliches for a reason. 

Grow up 

58 minutes ago, strato said:

Might as well chuck this thread in the tinderbox

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill

The rich will get richer. As they often do.

Panthers owner David Tepper, who is worth roughly $20 billion, will get $650 million in taxpayer money for renovations to the team’s 29-year-old stadium.

Via Bret McCormick of Sports Business Journal, Charlotte City Council voted 7-3 to approve the proposal on Monday night. Tepper will contribute $150 million. He also will be responsible for cost overruns.

4 hours ago, 3838 said:

Grow up 

Lol. You got no sense of humor. 

I really didn’t know any details about the city council I live a long way away. Yet I knew exactly what was being referenced. How does that make ME a bad guy? 

Edited by strato

The issue of stadium funding one that needs to be addressed with legislation at the national level. No way should any city or state be handing billionaire team owners hundreds of millions of dollars to help build stadiums that will be 100% owned by the team. At the very least the taxpayers should have partial ownership of the stadium and receive revenue from any events held there or have the team(s) that play there pay rent. poo; something.

• Pie 1