• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone here ever met David Tepper in person?

12 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'd rather get the 1st overall pick than be a 6-9 win team with Gardner Minshew.

At some point we all need to admit just having the #1 pick isn't enough. They also need the ability to take the best QB and not the hyped media darling...something teams picking high usially have trouble with. 2 years in a row and the #1 QB has some serious doubts about their hype. I wouldn't have much belief with the current crew either after the last draft.

6-9 isn't picking too far anyways, it's close to if not a top 10 pick. Having built up some mediocrity would sure help a rookie vs the gutted mess the roster looks like today. If Young bust then it's likely another wasted year for the guys depending on him for their development. That's an angle that is too easy to miss.

• Beer 1

On 6/23/2024 at 12:19 AM, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s my stance. No matter how many douchy things he does (oh noes he threw a drink at someone who was being an asshole 🙄), the bottom line is unlike the last guy he cares about winning and will do whatever he can to facilitate that. He might not always be right, but (also unlike the last guy) he’s willing to admit his mistakes and move on even if it’s costly to do so. 

That's where I'm at.

At least he's trying.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

At some point we all need to admit just having the #1 pick isn't enough. They also need the ability to take the best QB and not the hyped media darling...something teams picking high usially have trouble with. 2 years in a row and the #1 QB has some serious doubts about their hype. I wouldn't have much belief with the current crew either after the last draft.

6-9 isn't picking too far anyways, it's close to if not a top 10 pick. Having built up some mediocrity would sure help a rookie vs the gutted mess the roster looks like today. If Young bust then it's likely another wasted year for the guys depending on him for their development. That's an angle that is too easy to miss.

I'm not against building up the roster.  If Bryce is as bad as he was last year, it won't matter how good the roster is.  That level of QB play will suck everyone down and lock you into a top 3 pick.  I just don't think there's any purpose in bringing in some bottom 10 starting QB to win a few extra games in that scenario.  That makes sense for a team that already has a QB and needs a backup.  It doesn't make sense for the worst team in the league going into year 2 with Bryce Young.

It's the culture argument from the Wilks/Darnold finish.  We need a QB worth building around.  There's no getting around it.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm not against building up the roster.  If Bryce is as bad as he was last year, it won't matter how good the roster is.  That level of QB play will suck everyone down and lock you into a top 3 pick.  I just don't think there's any purpose in bringing in some bottom 10 starting QB to win a few extra games in that scenario.  That makes sense for a team that already has a QB and needs a backup.  It doesn't make sense for the worst team in the league going into year 2 with Bryce Young.

It's the culture argument from the Wilks/Darnold finish.  We need a QB worth building around.  There's no getting around it.

If Young is near as bad as last year then it's 2 wasted years then it's mighty hard to build up the team around that. If Young was in the Baker/Menshaw (cheap until one has a Baker '23 year but lol to paying that longterm) category we wouldn't need another QB this year but that is a really big step up for him after seeing what he looks like in the NFL. They went into last year with the #1 pick who turned out to be a longshot project so brining in a guy to at least help the rest of the team improve in the worst case scenario then that would have been a big win this year. I'm not sure Dalton could finish an 8 game stretch and if Bryce looks close to last year then he shouldn't make it past week 6 as the starter. 

I just think that the entire idea that they will suddenly turn on the 'winning mentality' when they do get a decent QB is a longshot if they can't do more without one now. Last year and this year they are going all in on Bryce and in year 2 that is just stupid IMO given what we saw last year. I couldn't trust any of these people with another #1 pick due to their approach to this year. If we were talking a crew that would get replaced at the end of the year then sure, clean sweep. But these people just got hired so it's hard to get excited about next year if they fug this year up that hard. It's not just a QB they need, they need good people running the team and it doesn't look like they have found those either yet. We had a Cam but not a coach that would be willing to win in a way he didn't like. That is what cost us a SB in '15. The QB is a huge part but the rest doesn't look much better either. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Last year and this year they are going all in on Bryce  

You aren't going all in on an anomaly QB.....when you are just inserting him into standard NFL offenses.  

Unique QBs require teams to be unique on offense. 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

You aren't going all in on an anomaly QB.....when you are just inserting him into standard NFL offenses.  

Unique QBs require teams to be unique on offense. 

Yeah but at the same time you want them to show something in a typical offense before you completely restructure you offensive roster to where other QBs won't have success if you decide to replace him.  It's a tough spot...

18 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

...stop reminding us... we'll be lucky to have  one winning season in the next 5 years....I also said that 5 years ago....

No poo. I hate thinking about it. We had Burns for the Rams 2 1sts and a 2nd and that would have been all we needed. Don’t forget that the Rams 1sts were likely valued more than our 1sts. We finished strong and the Rams went the opposite and there was talk of Donald and McVay leaving and Stafford was hurt. Also, we could have given them both 1sts and 2nd from the trade and been done. No Moore or CMC needed.

This place would be in heaven with Moore, CMC, Stroud and one of MHJ/Nabers/Odunze. Heck, we wouldn’t have needed to pick Legette or Brooks. We could have drafted the best C and CB like DeJean and Frazier because we wouldn’t have needed Legette/Brooks. We’d also have our 1st, our 2nd and the Rams 2nd next draft. SMH.

Ugh, FU again Fitterer, you couldn’t have made worse moves if you tried. poo was right there in front of you. Just like they gave up too much to us in this year’s draft (2025 second), the Rams were trying to give us a game changing trade and we decided fug it, we don’t need two firsts when we are about to trade up for a QB, we’d rather wait a year and just get the 2nd.

56 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If Young is near as bad as last year then it's 2 wasted years then it's mighty hard to build up the team around that. If Young was in the Baker/Menshaw (cheap until one has a Baker '23 year but lol to paying that longterm) category we wouldn't need another QB this year but that is a really big step up for him after seeing what he looks like in the NFL. They went into last year with the #1 pick who turned out to be a longshot project so brining in a guy to at least help the rest of the team improve in the worst case scenario then that would have been a big win this year. I'm not sure Dalton could finish an 8 game stretch and if Bryce looks close to last year then he shouldn't make it past week 6 as the starter. 

I just think that the entire idea that they will suddenly turn on the 'winning mentality' when they do get a decent QB is a longshot if they can't do more without one now. Last year and this year they are going all in on Bryce and in year 2 that is just stupid IMO given what we saw last year. I couldn't trust any of these people with another #1 pick due to their approach to this year. If we were talking a crew that would get replaced at the end of the year then sure, clean sweep. But these people just got hired so it's hard to get excited about next year if they fug this year up that hard. It's not just a QB they need, they need good people running the team and it doesn't look like they have found those either yet. We had a Cam but not a coach that would be willing to win in a way he didn't like. That is what cost us a SB in '15. The QB is a huge part but the rest doesn't look much better either. 

I mean the team sucks and hasn't done much of anything right the last 6 years.  I'm not going to defend them on really anything else.  I just think part of the problem in the Rhule years was bringing in these low level starters and trying to become mediocre immediately.  We really needed to be taking shots early in the draft on QBs in those years.  Going full ride or die on Bryce this year is the right call.  Even if they suck at picking QBs and building rosters and are terrible human beings.

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

No poo. I hate thinking about it. We had Burns for the Rams 2 1sts and a 2nd and that would have been all we needed. Don’t forget that the Rams 1sts were likely valued more than our 1sts. We finished strong and the Rams went the opposite and there was talk of Donald and McVay leaving and Stafford was hurt. Also, we could have given them both 1sts and 2nd from the trade and been done. No Moore or CMC needed.

This place would be in heaven with Moore, CMC, Stroud and one of MHJ/Nabers/Odunze. Heck, we wouldn’t have needed to pick Legette or Brooks. We could have drafted the best C and CB like DeJean and Frazier because we wouldn’t have needed Legette/Brooks. We’d also have our 1st, our 2nd and the Rams 2nd next draft. SMH.

Ugh, FU again Fitterer, you couldn’t have made worse moves if you tried. poo was right there in front of you. Just like they gave up too much to us in this year’s draft (2025 second), the Rams were trying to give us a game changing trade and we decided fug it, we don’t need two firsts when we are about to trade up for a QB, we’d rather wait a year and just get the 2nd.

42 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I mean the team sucks and hasn't done much of anything right the last 6 years.  I'm not going to defend them on really anything else.  I just think part of the problem in the Rhule years was bringing in these low level starters and trying to become mediocre immediately.  We really needed to be taking shots early in the draft on QBs in those years.  Going full ride or die on Bryce this year is the right call.  Even if they suck at picking QBs and building rosters and are terrible human beings.

The big part that showed up in the Rhule years was losing more talent than they brought in. The drafting has been bad and they keep sending talent away, sometimes justified and sometime not. That is the main issue on talent IMO witht he Panthers since 2019. Adding wasted years with sub-Baker/Menshew play is only increasing the talent gap in a bad way. 

I have to disagree from every angle except taking shots early in the draft until they have a franchise QB. 

Edited by Waldo