• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone here ever met David Tepper in person?

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

“Doubling down” would be giving him a new contract when the time comes. Giving him a second year isn’t doubling down, it’s not being stupid. Even I, who always wanted Stroud and see nothing of value in Bryce, still want Bryce to get another shot this year. Worst case scenario is also the best case scenario: he gets us a high enough pick to take his replacement. 

Worst case scenario is he's good enough to game manage us to a .500ish record every year, Tepper is satisfied and we get stuck with him for 8-10 years of mediocrity

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

There is a decent chance Young isn't the answer but you can't move on from the #1 pick after one season in that situation.   That would be ridiculous.  I also wouldn't say that's a decision he makes right now anyways.   There are plenty of people in the front office who would make that call instead of him.  Could he make it?  Sure, but hopefully he's not controlling our roster.

Arizona moved on from Rosen. 

When you know you know. 

Also there's no way you're telling me Reich and McCown wanted Young over Stroud. Absolutely no way. Tepper influenced the pick (and trade) last year. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

“Doubling down” would be giving him a new contract when the time comes. Giving him a second year isn’t doubling down, it’s not being stupid. Even I, who always wanted Stroud and see nothing of value in Bryce, still want Bryce to get another shot this year. Worst case scenario is also the best case scenario: he gets us a high enough pick to take his replacement. 

What's the plan if he continues to stink after 6 games?

At least bring in some viable competition for him. 

• Beer 2

40 minutes ago, strato said:

Letting him play us into the top pick would be the best plan, should that be the path things take. 

The plan/path that should have been followed years ago.

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

The plan/path that should have been followed years ago.

I am so opposed to the trading to the top pick method it isn’t funny. Up to me I’d probably draft one where they fell, if I liked them, every draft. Until one hit.

edit: Again, teams that are in positition to take a generational type do not trade that pick You can only trade for pretty substantial gambles as far as I can figure. Pass. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Arizona moved on from Rosen. 

When you know you know. 

Also there's no way you're telling me Reich and McCown wanted Young over Stroud. Absolutely no way. Tepper influenced the pick (and trade) last year. 

Greatest trade of all time if we ship Burns and select Stroud. Current trajectory for Worst trade of all time shipping Dj Moore and selecting Bryce... yikes

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Greatest trade of all time if we ship Burns and select Stroud. Current trajectory for Worst trade of all time shipping Dj Moore and selecting Bryce... yikes

Shipping CMC off for Bryce and DJ Johnson isn't far behind lol. 

18 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

yea just imagine how differently we would be viewed if we had gotten two picks for Burns then gave Chicago our 9 that year + the two Rams firsts. 

We select CJ Stroud. This year with our top three pick (god knows we still would have sucked) we take MHJ

19 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

...stop reminding us... we'll be lucky to have  one winning season in the next 5 years....I also said that 5 years ago....

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Worst case scenario is he's good enough to game manage us to a .500ish record every year, Tepper is satisfied and we get stuck with him for 8-10 years of mediocrity

Don’t you put that evil on us, Jackie Lee. 

• Beer 1