• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE Adam Thielen: “You can tell by his demeanor that Bryce Young is more comfortable“

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Theilen didn't crack the top 100 in terms of yards per catch.  

Theilen didn't crack the top 100 in terms of yards after the catch

Theilen is washed.  Him being on the field so much limits us.  He should be situational.  Not a starter.  He wasn't actually a good thing for the O last year.   He just happened to be functional.   And Thielen himself I think admitted that only Carolina disagreed with that. 

Theilin reminded me of Hubbard. People were talking about how well Hubbard played and he looked good because of how bad Sanders was. Like the tallest Midget. Theilin and Hubbard were serviceable because the rest of the players were bad and they got volume. Not saying that they weren’t giving it all they had, which is why they stood out, but they weren’t solid starters on most teams.

• Beer 1

https://carolinablitz.com/2024/06/28/video-bryce-young-terrace-marshall-xavier-legette-workout-in-la/

Last night Bryce Young, Terrace Marshall and Jonathan Mingo were spotted taking in a baseball game. Today the group, with the addition of Xavier Legette and others, were putting in that work on the field.

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

Theilen didn't crack the top 100 in terms of yards per catch.  

Theilen didn't crack the top 100 in terms of yards after the catch

Theilen is washed.  Him being on the field so much limits us.  He should be situational.  Not a starter.  He wasn't actually a good thing for the O last year.   He just happened to be functional.   And Thielen himself I think admitted that only Carolina disagreed with that. 

I never said he should be one of the starting 2.  

Nice attempt at saying our best receiver last year is washed up though.   

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I really don't understand how you can argue Thielen was overpaid.  36th highest contract for a Wide Receiver and we got a thousand yards out of him in this offense?

Thielen isn't sexy but he pairs well with Bryce IMO.  There's a reason why Bryce fed Thielen in the passing game...cause he excels in the short-intermediate range where Bryce is most comfortable throwing (hopefully that changes), and he's the only true route runner we had.  Diontae Johnson on paper seems to be an upgraded version of Thielen who can excel in that role, but I'm not sure that relegates Thielen to the bench.  I think benching the one receiver Bryce has proven rapport with is risky.

He doesn't have a super star contract but we're the only team that was going to pay him what we did.  There was not a bidding war for his services.  He's a role player at this point in his career, and we brought him on as a core piece.  That's the Bobcats part of this.

• Beer 2

34 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Theilin reminded me of Hubbard. People were talking about how well Hubbard played and he looked good because of how bad Sanders was. Like the tallest Midget. Theilin and Hubbard were serviceable because the rest of the players were bad and they got volume. Not saying that they weren’t giving it all they had, which is why they stood out, but they weren’t solid starters on most teams.

The one game young was not throwing thielen the ball he caught 11 145 and 13.2 average.....who knows how great a year he could have had with a different qb.  

14 hours ago, fanpanther said:

The one game young was not throwing thielen the ball he caught 11 145 and 13.2 average.....who knows how great a year he could have had with a different qb.  

Good point, but 5-82 and 1 TD were in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd through the 4th quarter. When your QB throws 58 passes and the D gives up 37, the WRs will have stats. Not trying to say Thielen was bad but that Thielen and Hubbard looked way better because they were the only competent offensive players.