• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE Adam Thielen: “You can tell by his demeanor that Bryce Young is more comfortable“

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats kindof the point my man.  A #1 pick should beat all challengers.  But you and I both know that isnt the case in this situation.

No man. No rookie QB beats out the best FA QB. You could say he has a higher ceiling, but as a rookie he ain't no where near that. A quality 5 or 6 year vet will usually win more games in the same situation. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

No man. No rookie QB beats out the best FA QB. You could say he has a higher ceiling, but as a rookie he ain't no where near that. A quality 5 or 6 year vet will usually win more games in the same situation. 

so did bryce beat out dalton last year or not?

27 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So you see how you are making our point right?

Sorry. No I don't see it. You're suggesting the Panthers do something that no team does, for good reasons. Teams don't draft a QB #1 if they already have a guy, or if they plan to go out and get a guy during free agency. Preseason competition is not real for #1 draft picks. They're starting day one. If you have 2 QBs, you don't really have any. That's why Cam couldn't get on a team as a backup.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, strato said:

I talk about other poo, plenty. And because of ‘feelings’ I try and temper or just avoid leaving a comment. 

I am thinking it is IMpossible? you focus on anything you perceive to be critical and don’t register stuff that doesn’t qualify. 

Well, I made a post that was pretty general, not singling anyone out specifically.   

You in turn, respond with general response.   

I respond once again, and now I'm unable to focus on anything else? 

Would be nice to go into ANY thread worth opening, and not ready the negative trash. 

Until that happens, try not to comment on ME not being to avoid the crap that is in every damn thread.  

You want to talk constructive? Please do. I'm game. 

7 hours ago, bandu said:

how uncomfortable can Bryce Young actually be his 2nd year compared to his rookie season after the team has continually coddled him pretty much every step & snap of the way with the 1's in camp. the whole entire time he has been here they have brought in no real competition for him to have to compete with to rightfully prove that he at this time or anytime for that matter deserves to be the starter

That certainly is one perspective, that does ignore the hell that he was thrown into last year.  So sorry if I fail to agree with any coddling. 

I don't expect the Panthers to give up on  Young after last year.   They want to see what he can do when he has weapons and isn't running for his life. 

We have very capable QB as his main backup.  

So we were to spend more money on bringing in another veteran QB so fans can feel there is competition? 

Dave has preached competition since being hired.  The free agents signed, the draft picks, all back up both Dave's and Dan's desire for there to be competition everywhere.  But, because they are moving forward with the franchise's choice to be the next QB, he's being coddled. 

fug man. I'm not sure you know the definition of being Coddled. 

6 hours ago, strato said:

Lol I say give Tepper the season to stay the fug on the sidelines and behave acceptably (no meddling, no firings, no throwing tantrums with aimed ice cubes or screaming “Phuck!!!” in front of the team and the press, multiple etceteras).

If he makes that he might be a little better up the learning curve than the next rich dilettante. It is sort of like how I feel about Young. I really did not want either but on a bad day I put the optimism goggles over one eye. 

This at least made me laugh! 😆

6 hours ago, fanpanther said:

At some point I would like one coach or player just to come out be honest and admit by was overdrafted and lacks nfl caliber skills for the most part.  I am pretty sure we could have another terrible year and next training camp we woild get by expecting breakout third year articles 

Not sure anyone inside the organization actually feels that way.  

47 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Well, I made a post that was pretty general, not singling anyone out specifically.   

You in turn, respond with general response.   

I respond once again, and now I'm unable to focus on anything else? 

Would be nice to go into ANY thread worth opening, and not ready the negative trash. 

Until that happens, try not to comment on ME not being to avoid the crap that is in every damn thread.  

You want to talk constructive? Please do. I'm game. 

WTF is this then? 

21 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I understand the perspective.  I don't understand that it's all you can fuging talk about. 

This was the response. It is personalized. You allege it is all I talk about.

Not true. Ergo my response. I don’t know for sure why you have that impression and suggest maybe you only flag anti Bryce type of stuff.  Which I do post criticism and I do express a lack of faith in him.

4 hours ago, strato said:

WTF is this then? 

This was the response. It is personalized. You allege it is all I talk about.

Not true. Ergo my response. I don’t know for sure why you have that impression and suggest maybe you only flag anti Bryce type of stuff.  Which I do post criticism and I do express a lack of faith in him.

Alright,  I understand why you're saying what you're saying.  That comment was to be worded in a more generalized way.  Can't walk into any thread without people just tearing down a kid who was a rookie on an offense that 100% failed last season.  Only part of it that didn't, was Adam T.  Someone was getting him the ball. 

One more thing.

Nobody is happy with Bryce's performance last season.  I bet you nobody is more disappointed about it than Bryce himself.  He IS that kind of leader. 

• Beer 2

22 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Y'all trippin real hard right now. What team with any sense will draft a QB #1 overall and then bring in a vet that could legit take his job in the first year or two? It's one or the other. Never both.

This offense was so devoid of talent that I can't say any player is good enough or not. TMJ is 6'3" and ran a 4.4. Mingo is 220 and ran a 4.46. They both looked slow last season. Last year was a fiasco. Every player on the offense gets a do-over. Every single one. Except for those guards. They sucked so bad. Guys off the street, half way into the season looked considerably better.

Most people in the NFL are fast. You need to scheme people open(which we were unable to do 90+% of the time) and you need players that are capable of being technically proficient enough to get open(TMJ and Mingo are not these players).

Typical fixation on size/athletic numbers without enough regard to other aspects of being an effective football player.

We are terrible at this but it isn't an uncommon occurence in the NFL.